Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

Pentax 105R Fault codes

snapper2 15 2
18 Apr 2004 11:36AM
I wonder if anybody knows what "E" and "9E" means? It is flashing up on my lcd, I loaded the film, operated the zoom and then the zoom won't retract, the batteries are new and the whole thing refuses to do anything at all. Thanks in anticipation.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whippetrider 15 465
18 Apr 2004 7:57PM
These are standard error codes, I believe they relate to the lens operating motors as I recall something similar on mine after someone "helped" the lens back in!

I tried to fix one of these myself and gave up after removig all of the visible screws and not being able to get inside at all. Replacements are fairly common on Ebay at less than a service cost from a dealer.

If you do manage to get a service manual for it I'd be interested in a copy myself.
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
18 Apr 2004 8:30PM
You will find Pentax error codes here Pentax Error Codes
snapper2 15 2
20 Apr 2004 8:35AM
Thank you for your reply, whippetrider, then looks like I shall have to take/send it to be repaired. I now know of three cases of this same problem on this model. I actually did get it from ebay, (but it was fine when I got it)

Pete, Also thanks for your reply, I shall keep these codes for future reference.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.