50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Pentax K-3ii images

PRC 6 299 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2016 9:40PM
Hi
In the Pentaxportal gallery, where you can search for images produced by a particular camera here the K-3ii is not available in the drop-down list; does this mean that they are all in with the K-3, i.e. that the cameras are not considered different enough?

Philip
Belleyeteres 10 264 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2016 11:05AM
Probally are as the main difference between the K3 and K3ii camera's is the GPS and astrophotography mode. The K3ii does not have a built in flash.
There was some sensor differences between the K5 and K5ii and K5iis.
I have a K3 and not upgrading to the K3ii as I would not use the extra bits on it.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
1 Feb 2016 12:40PM
I had a similar question about the K50 which wasn't appearing. I raised a report (contact support or whatever it is called) and it was magically added, so sugggest you do the same. It looks like these things require some work / possibly coding by IT - particularly with Pentax naming conventions which could produce interesting results from a search, eg. K5, K5ii, K5iis, K50, K500.... - if you just look for K5 with a simple search in some places you would probably get the lot without some additional work.
PRC 6 299 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2016 4:14PM
Thanks for the replies. I know there are some other tweaks to the K-3ii, such as a slightly improved shake reduction and AF-C, as well as the pixel shift resolution system. I just wondered if seeing images would help me choose between the K-3 and the K-3ii to replace my K-r. I wouldn't be too worried about losing the pop-up flash itself, but losing the trigger for external flashes would be more of a problem; I guess I would have to buy a separate trigger system. The GPS isn't a huge attraction other than meaning I wouldn't have to note down locations while away on trips.
Belleyeteres 10 264 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2016 5:00PM
Some of the items you mention like AF-C have also been updated on the K3 in a software update. See under downloads on the Pentax website.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.