Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Pentax K-x Firmware 1.3

20 Sep 2015 10:42AM
I have had a Pentax K-x camera for at least 6 years and it has given me an immense amount of pleasure from the photographs I have taken. One day I noticed that the IR remote had stopped working and I thought it was the cheap remote had stopped functioning, so bought a replacement. After replacement I still had no joy, so I emailed Ricoh for guidance, and their technicians decided it needed a repair.At the time of noticing the fault I decided that as I did not use that function very often, I would ignore it. Recently however, it occurred to me that it went defective after I had updated the firmware to 1.2. I decided to return the software to 1.1 and see if that cured the fault. During my research I found a reference to Firmware 1.3, but there was no download at the UK site. After more research I found it on the Japan website, which was in English by the way, so easy to navigate and here is the link. http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/download_digital.html Now my camera is functioning fine with the wireless remote I bought years ago and also via the remote from my Sony Blu Ray player. I thought I would just spread the word.
User_Removed 6 1.0k United Kingdom
20 Sep 2015 1:13PM
I don't have Pentax but I am sure many will find this most helpful

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.