Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Pentax release 10.2MP Weather Sealed DSLR

Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
16 Sep 2006 10:38AM
First time I`ve seen a weather sealed body with a pop up flash, interesting.

Paul
Centurion 16 1.2k England
16 Sep 2006 10:51AM
High speed sync of 1/180 for flash. Now correct me if Im wrong but how is that 'high speed'?

Gav
mattmatic 17 598
16 Sep 2006 10:54AM
Gav,
1/180 is the standard sync speed.
With the correct external flash (AF360 & AF540) you can sync all the way up to the top shutter speed Wink That's high speed sync - and it's only the external flashes that support it. Flash distance is reduced, but that's no problem in such situations.

On the *ist-D the popup could control external wireless AF360 & AF540s in high speed sync mode too (but the popup couldn't contribute to the exposure though).

Matt
AnthonyM 16 428 2 United States
16 Sep 2006 4:02PM
I'm really sick about the downgrade of the flash system. I could handle the battery and SD card with a few days therapy each week, but I make a fair amount of use of the remote flash.

I guess I'm a minority and to save $1 in R&D on every camera is big in the end. I'm just stuck shelling out $300+ for another flash, more batteries, and a bigger case, etc.... because of that. Argh!

Well, the future of the lenses sounds interesting with the new super sonic focus thing on its way!
Great, more batteries. I suppose every lense will need their own proprietary battery and charging system to go with it?
Leif 16 777
16 Sep 2006 9:21PM
There are comments elsewhere that Pentax decided at the last minute to go for 16 bit RAW. It would be interesting to see if that does give advantages.

Leif

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.