Perfect Effects 9.5

kaybee 15 6.6k 26 Scotland
28 Apr 2015 3:12PM
I have just downloaded this "Free" programme offer and when going to open it I am told it is a 30 day trial offer.

I feel this is a bit cheeky

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa Plus
8 895 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2015 3:14PM
The code is emailed to the email address you used when you downloaded the software.

It's also displayed on the second page after you've clicked "Get It Now"

You then use the code to activate the software after you've installed it.

Hope this helps.
28 Apr 2015 3:18PM
Thank you for that.

It did not state this on the e-mailed offer I received and it obviously isn't an immediate response as I have checked my inbox a few times
Dave_Canon 13 1.5k United Kingdom
28 Apr 2015 3:21PM
I had the previous free offer of Perfect Effects 8 and have used it a couple of times. Today I upgraded to the new free Perfect Effects 9.5. It does look a useful set of effects and, of course, it is part of a suite which they would like me to buy. If I did not already have Topaz and Nik, I might be tempted to buy the suite. Who knows and by giving me this one Plug-in there is a chance I will buy the suite anyway as I seem to collect more software than I actually need.

Dave
joshwa Plus
8 895 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2015 3:32PM
Hi Kaybee, what email system do you use? The email sent to me ended up in my Junk folder, so it could be worth checking there is you have one?
28 Apr 2015 5:45PM
Joashwa ........... I use Outlook Express - and the junk mail is just where I have found the reply.
Many thanks
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
28 Apr 2015 6:08PM
It was explained in the download that the activation would be sent via email. It was also the long number in the black box when you choose whether to download the Mac or Windows version.Wink
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
28 Apr 2015 6:10PM
mind you it crashed three minutes after opening the program Wink
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
28 Apr 2015 9:40PM
Shucks! Another piece of advertising that's going to hang around taking up screen space for about another 3 months. We've only just got rid of the last one. Sad
altitude50 15 15.6k United Kingdom
29 Apr 2015 7:00AM
I installed the last free offer on Epz of Perfect Effects 8 and it works OK most of the time, but sometimes for no obvious reason it just sits there with a 'Not Responding' notice grinding away.

I like some of the effects and the 'borders' are quite a good feature used in restraint.

Is this 9.5 version a trial offer open for 30 days, then it can be used forever? or - After 30 days use do they want you to buy it?
I suspect the former with a 'saving' of 48.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
29 Apr 2015 7:54AM

Quote:Shucks! Another piece of advertising that's going to hang around taking up screen space for about another 3 months. We've only just got rid of the last one. Sad

That 'piece of advertising' is an excellent offer and having the narrow yellow band at the top of the page is a small price to pay for getting what is a very good piece of software completely free.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
29 Apr 2015 7:55AM

Quote:Is this 9.5 version a trial offer open for 30 days, then it can be used forever? or - After 30 days use do they want you to buy it?
I suspect the former with a 'saving' of 48.

You get a key supplied, so it free for you to use for ever and a day. Not a con or rip-off.
arhb Plus
12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2015 8:45AM

Quote:mind you it crashed three minutes after opening the program Wink

Phew, I thought it was just me Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
29 Apr 2015 9:38AM

Quote:
Quote:mind you it crashed three minutes after opening the program Wink

Phew, I thought it was just me Smile

Did a test on 3 images and it behaved itself. I have it as a CC plug-in.
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
29 Apr 2015 10:52AM
I downloaded it and registered it OK and played around with it last night. It seems pretty rock solid operating on Windows 8.1 and appears to by a well mannered programme unlike many others. I suppose we will get the usual deluge of emails and offers from the company but I find the delete button on emails works quite well so this is not a problem. You could always use a disposable email address to prevent this filling your inbox. I have not received anything so far but it could happen...........time will tell

The programme itself offers quite a lot of presets and filters which will take some time to go through but I do like the fact that you can adjust all of the layers which make up the filters to suit yourself and then store them as your own preset. I can see that much of my spare time will now go into this programme as it is amazingly versatile.
I found that it speeds things up a lot if you reduce the size of the image before you start. A camera image of 5 to 7 MB does require a bit of waiting time with some of the filters I tried and this gives the impression that the program has hung............make a cup of tea and come back and it has actually completed the effect.
It is probably not a great deal of use for the most "serious" photographers who have no interest in manipulating images, but for someone like me it could be great fun.
In my opinion it is an excellent programme (for messing about) and I commend EPZ for offering it to us for free.
I do not mind the advertising banner below the images when something like this is available to us.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.