Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Pete! - gallery request.

leedsgh 16 496 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2005 3:53AM
Hi Pete

Was wondering if theres an opportunity to have a wedding section added to the gallery uploads?

As an up and coming wedding photographer, I'd quite like to see other wedding photographers work without having to trudge through all the portrait galleries.

Any chance?!

Any other people be interested in this request?

Gav
sabretalon 16 1.9k United Kingdom
18 Jul 2005 4:00AM
If getting paid for such work then would it not be better in a pro portfolio?

Just a question!
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2005 4:01AM
I'd definitely make use of such a gallery. I agree with Gav that it's good to see other work. I don't upload many wedding pix, but would do so if there were a dedicated place. Debbie.
18 Jul 2005 4:03AM
I'm not with you there mate, could you clarify what you mean?

Gav
User_Removed 15 4.9k England
18 Jul 2005 4:19AM
There is a Pro Portfolio section, a few wedding photographers in there..... see side menu. If that's whats wanted.
Col
18 Jul 2005 4:25AM
I have looked in the pro portfolio section, which is very good.

What I'm asking is if there can be a section in the dropdown menu when uploading a pic for wedding photography.

Not all the pictures I upload or other people upload are solely wedding photos, I'd like the oppertunity to have the option of looking at other peoples wedding shots as and when they're uploaded.

Gav
User_Removed 15 4.9k England
18 Jul 2005 4:28AM
Sorry..... should learn to read properly, missed the word 'Gallery' completely. Smile
Col
darrinj 16 250 United Arab Emirates
18 Jul 2005 4:50AM
Good move Gav. There are Wedding sections on 'other sites' and they are well populated.....

Pete?
18 Jul 2005 4:52AM
Glenn - Sabretalon has confused me with his comment still... anyone else know what he was getting at? I'm not being funny, I'm genuinely intrigued!

Gav
18 Jul 2005 4:53AM

Quote:I'm not with you there mate, could you clarify what you mean?

Well as an up and coming wedding photographer, I assume you are charging clients for the work? If so then would it not fit the context of pro portfolio?

There are some with more than one pro portfolio for say weddings and another for portraits.

As I said it is just a question and may get you to look at the pro portfolio as a solution for yourself?

Most of the wedding pros probably don't upload their shots on here anyway, opting more towards putting them on their own site.
18 Jul 2005 5:02AM
You are correct and I'd agree that most of peoples work is on their own personal sites. There has been 2 wedding shots uploaded in the time I've spent on here today though, which means that they are added quite regularly. My problem is that I have no way of searching for the rest of the wedding stuff which is in the depths of the gallery uploads.

As you correctly stated, I am charging clients for doing wedding shots, but all my clients have given me written permission to promote myself in whichever way I feel would benefit my self promotion.

I find EPZ a godsend for helping myself and others with techniques. I dont see a reason for not sharing work I have pride in.

Gav
colin b 16 367 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2005 5:10AM
I agree with Gav's sentiments.

Those who are just breaking in to the market may not wish to class themselves as 'pro' until they gain experience, clientelle, ability etc. Their work is equally not likely to be suitable for a pro gallery in the early stages. To have a gallery section, which allows for critical comment from others would be a great benefit to those breaking into the field.
darrinj 16 250 United Arab Emirates
18 Jul 2005 5:10AM
With my clients permission I regulary post my wedding shots here and do learn from other shots. It is easier on 'other sites' to see the shots by going to the specific wedding category and I must admit, I have taken photos that were influenced by what I saw there.

Does it matter that you get paid for the photo?
Ian G W 17 396 3 England
18 Jul 2005 5:21AM
Good idea Gav - gets my vote.
Ian.
18 Jul 2005 5:28AM

Quote:Does it matter that you get paid for the photo?

No! Only to fulfil certain criteria for being classed as pro!

To reiterate I am only posing questions! These same questions may be the reasons why it has not been done in the past etc...?

Gav, I'm not saying don't use the site! I'm pointing out that most of the pro wedding togs on this site do not post to this site many pictures from the weddings they do. Promotion or not, you will find that most of them are posting images that are more from their hobby of photography rather than their business of photography. To them thier hobby is more interesting to talk about than work!

It is easy for us to say "create a new gallery" but when you think about it, they would also need to include all the past images that were posted to the site that are wedding photography based. Once we have the main sub catergory, would we then be asking for that to be divided into the different genres as well?

Would it be simpler to ask you to include the word wedding somewhere in the description and then when you do a search on the image gallery for wedding you then see them?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.