Phone Scam

filmforever 12 775
7 Feb 2018 6:01PM

Quote:I seem to get calls from people who seem to think I have had an accident and when I do I lead them on with as much BS as possible. I always give my car number plate the one I had in 1965 (still remember it KHK 767C) and that seems to fox them when I tell them I have had it from new...... One cheeky foreigner asked me why I am wasting his time.....

I've had exactly those kind of calls too...I get rid of them by demanding their name, the name of their company and mentioning a connection with the security services...they can't ring off quickly enough and they don't return!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
7 Feb 2018 6:59PM
It would be very easy stop this business of jobs being sent to these countries; boycott, and let them know that we won't use their service till it's back where it belongs. Many companies moving back to the US.
thewilliam2 2 1.3k
8 Feb 2018 10:39AM
Do these calls come from abroad so they can circumvent the TPS rules and not just because the labour is cheaper?

Isn't the answer to hold the UK-based company that commissioned the calls legally responsible?

There are many countries where laws don't seem apply. Both government and industry of one very large country simply ignores all Intellectual Property laws. Most of the "fakes" seem to be made there.
filmforever 12 775
8 Feb 2018 1:53PM

Quote:Do these calls come from abroad so they can circumvent the TPS rules and not just because the labour is cheaper?

Isn't the answer to hold the UK-based company that commissioned the calls legally responsible?

There are many countries where laws don't seem apply. Both government and industry of one very large country simply ignores all Intellectual Property laws. Most of the "fakes" seem to be made there.

When you refer to "fakes" being made there, presumably you're referring to a rather large country beginning with the letter "C"?!.....Why is nothing done about it?....Possibly it has something to do with our government being keen to "do business" with this same country!

The problem with holding these Companies (or countries) "legally responsible"..is that they're largely huge organisations that are too big to take on or we don't want to "upset" them. It's a bit like the scandal involving Russian Oligarchs employing money laundering tactics to purchase hugely expensive London properties with alleged criminal money. It's only in the past week this government has stated it will put a stop to this "money laundering".(What took them so long?)......whether they will or not is open to debate, but if you or I had tried using the same money laundering tactics we'd have either been fined heavily or gone to prison ages ago.

Moral: Money and Power talks.
thewilliam2 2 1.3k
8 Feb 2018 2:46PM
Didn't Mrs May travel to China to do obeisance before President Xi?
filmforever 12 775
8 Feb 2018 5:06PM

Quote:Didn't Mrs May travel to China to do obeisance before President Xi?

She might have done when a Minister in Cameron's government, I don't recall. If anything he was even worse when it came to "fudging" and double talk.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.