Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Photium vs Foliopic

Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Dec 2011 9:56AM
My current website with Foliopic has expired.
I can either renew or move somewhere else.
I am just trying to see what the goods and bads are with both Foliopic and Photium. In what aspect Photium is better compared to Foliopic?
Or there are better alternatives.
Ta.
BigRick 15 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 9:59AM
my site is a template and i buy my own hosting, its not for everyone, but i like it, and it means that my site is one o f only a handfull like it in the world. Smile It cost me 60 for the template (one off fee), edited by myself using a free Microsoft program, and hosting is 24.99 a year with my domain name at about 2 i think.

i cant comment on the other two though, as i have never looked at them. Smile
mohikan22 Plus
16 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 10:06AM
I use Photum. excellent customer service when needed. payments are all automatic so just setup and done. ease of use for the website ,its just brilliant from beginner to advanced.
mattw 16 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 10:07AM
In my experience, Foliopic has a better home page and blog, Photium has a better gallery page.

Both are fantastic services which I would highly recomend.

However if you are already setup on Foliopic, then why move unless there is a specific feature avalible on another site?

Simpler just to request the feature then move everything.
User_Removed 18 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 10:22AM

Quote:I use Photum. excellent customer service when needed. payments are all automatic so just setup and done. ease of use for the website ,its just brilliant from beginner to advanced.

I couldn't agree more.
Fantastic site for very little cost.
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
9 Dec 2011 10:53AM
No contest.

Photium.

Many reasons Cole but three stand out.

1. The Support is second to none - IF you ever need it.
2. Photium has NEVER been off-line.
3. Flexibility. If you want to do something slightly different from the style preferred, their Support will make it happen if it's possible.
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Dec 2011 12:08PM

Quote:Photium.

Many reasons Cole but three stand out.

1. The Support is second to none - IF you ever need it.
2. Photium has NEVER been off-line.
3. Flexibility. If you want to do something slightly different from the style preferred, their Support will make it happen if it's possible.

Have to second this - lets face it, Will is a one man IT Army.
Consulo 16 840 10 Scotland
9 Dec 2011 12:11PM
Another vote for Photium. Will is always willing to help with any questions, and he's fast as well.
dathersmith 13 565 12 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 12:28PM
Another vote for Photium for me, easy to use, fast hosting, cost effective and as has been said Will has to be world class with his response times to questions.

Darren.
StuartAt 15 1.1k 8 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 12:42PM
I've used both and have to say I prefer the look of Photium templates (except for the 'Links' page, which I could never get how I wanted it). I'm about to renew myself (my FolioPic subscription ran out yesterday) and just to throw a curve-ball in I am looking at Zenfolio. One thing to mention which may help your decision (although not sure if it is still active) is that Foliopic included a free E2 subscription when I signed up last year.
9 Dec 2011 12:47PM
Cheers everyone.
The templates for both look pretty standard to me.
I have had good service from foliopic as well.
I have to say that Foliopic is winning at the moment on the price front. So I am more likely to renew with them.
TRUEX 13 218 10
9 Dec 2011 1:34PM
How many photos are you allowed on Foliopic ?, I have a Photium site at the moment and that charges on how many photos you want to load. I use the light package which is 300 photos for 80, as I reckon no one is going to look at that many anyway so why load more.

I see a Folio website is now the prize if you win POTW on here, when I win, will I be able to have a years E2 instead.....Tongue
9 Dec 2011 1:38PM
capture.jpg
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
9 Dec 2011 2:07PM
EPZ used - I seem to recall - to be a Photium partner. But they switched their allegiance to Foliopic.

Not sure why this was.......... maybe one of the Team will tell us? Smile
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Dec 2011 2:16PM

Quote:Not sure why this was.......... maybe one of the Team will tell us?

Because surely Foliopic IS EPZ.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.