Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Dec 2011 2:20PM

Quote:Because surely Foliopic IS EPZ.

Doh, CB! Tongue LOL
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
9 Dec 2011 2:25PM
Long story CB. The short version

Photium is developed and maintained by Will our ex IT guy. We let him build that while he was working with us and we supported him throughout its development and growth.

Prior to its development I was talking with another web builder in the hope they would work with us to integrate a system that combined our gallery with space for personal web site. They couldn't see a fit.

We tried to get Will to combine his system with ePHOTOzine, but he wanted to stay detached, so we decided to build our own.

The intention with Foliopic was to be an extension of ePHOTOzine's gallery, but a short way through development the IT guys convinced me that it would work better as a standalone with combined aspects, such as blog and gallery import features.

Our key difference is the ability to totally customise through css and html, but you need to have a bit of knowledge to take it this extra step. It gives designers the chance to be unique, while leaving all the ugly php database side to the system to sort automatically. This, we feel is the best of both worlds, a template system with total flexibility.

Long term we may provide more epz integrated aspects.
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
9 Dec 2011 2:44PM

Quote:Because surely Foliopic IS EPZ.

Quote:Doh, CB!

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Lol! Grin

Quote:Long story CB. The short version

Thanks for the reply Pete. Smile
billydo 17 79 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 4:29PM
Another delighted Photium user here...Smile
whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 5:32PM
Had my Photium site for around 5 years. No down time and as Keith said, Will is a one man IT army, the speed at which they answer questions or help is brilliant.
mattw 16 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2011 5:35PM

Quote:Long term we may provide more epz integrated aspects.

one thing you could do for Foliopic members is add a website link directly next to the user name such a:
Mattw (e2 Member) (Go to Website)
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
9 Dec 2011 5:37PM

Quote:one thing you could do for Foliopic members is add a website link directly next to the user name such a:
Mattw (e2 Member) (Go to Website)

Very good idea Smile
1icy 13 23 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 7:06PM
Another vote for Photium...They just getting better and better...Smile
Nickscape 14 708 9 England
10 Jan 2012 10:26AM
I've recently moved my site from my own design and hosted site onto the Photium platform - It really is a great way to run a site and takes all of the pain out of having to design and code everything yourself. Being able to log-in from anywhere and change things is also a bonus. Have to say Will has been very helpful so far with sorting a few initial hosting problems out so gets a thumbs up from me.

www.nickscape.co.uk
nikguyatt 16 533 England
10 Jan 2012 10:27AM
without doubt photium.....never had as good customer service in my life! Not only quick off the mark, but have an answer as well and so easy to look after!
lillypix 10 60 4 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 11:33AM
Another vote for photium. So easy to use and amazing customer service.
SophieHart 10 136 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 12:12PM
Photium - can't image there is a better provider of websites around. I have been with them for many years and Will is so helpful.
User_Removed 16 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 12:31PM
Those Photium sites all look different but the same, go for Foliopic and help support ePz
rhousham 13 435 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 12:48PM
Thanks Chris that's the main thing with foliopic, is we have many styles to pick from and edit so to make your site your own.
Regards support, me and Dave are always around and will answer any questions you leave in the foliopic report system.
There has been some downtime but it's been down to server faults and issues beyond our control.
However let me just apologise for any problems that we have had in the past.

I can see what people mean about the galleries, can I just ask what are the main features that you like from the photium gallery over the foliopic one?

I can see the images are larger (800) however there is now a feature on foliopic that means images open in the large version.
Is the display of other images in the album also a winner as to the links back to sub or main gallery.
Thanks for the feedback.

As someone said previous - if there is a feature or something that you want then talk with us and we can see what we can do.
Cheers
Richard

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.