photo books

barbarahirst 11 27 12 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2015 8:37AM
I have been asked to make up a wedding book with 170 photos
I have used photobox before but would like some other names of granny friendly photo book suppliers
I know some are for professionals only
any ideas greatly receivedGrin
thanks in advance
Barbs...x

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

altitude50 15 16.3k United Kingdom
1 Nov 2015 9:53AM
I have used CEWE, good service but I only needed 28 pages..................
arhb 12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2015 9:55AM
Hi Barbara,
I had 2 great books from Loxley Colour earlier this year.
I found the software provided for creating the image layouts within the books quite easy and intuitive to use.
Not cheap, but excellent quality, colour and presentation.
dark_lord Plus
15 2.4k 598 England
1 Nov 2015 10:01AM
Vanilla Photobooks.
Albelli.

I've used both of these, both require you to download templates which are then easy to add photos to. Not exclusive to pros though Vanilla do have more upmarket options and they are produced in the UK. Albelli, as I recall, may have more layouts. But best to keep things simple.

I've also used Blurb books, again very similar to the other two in how they work.
Peak Imaging and Loxley Colour I've not used but I have seen their products at the Photo Show which are of very good quality. Again they use templates and I've seen them demo'd.

That's probably more than you want!
All the principles are the same, but you may find some easier to use than others. What one may find simpler another won't and vice versa, but it costs nothing to download their software and try it, you don't have to order anything.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
1 Nov 2015 10:12AM
I've used Albelli for years Barb. Good value and easy to understand. Lots of options.
cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 29 Northern Ireland
1 Nov 2015 11:18AM
Albelli and Blurb 😊
1 Nov 2015 11:54AM
Albelli definitely good. Bonusprint are owned by Albelli and can be cheaper. Vistaprint also use the same same software as Albelli and presumably the same printer. since options are identical.
AlexandraSD 8 762 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2015 1:45PM
another vote for albelli, i get all my printing done there now, canvas's, books... even a phone cover for my sis in law, only had one dodgy print back and that was my fault really, but so easy to follow, good turnaround too!
jembo 15 139 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2015 3:59PM
Have only used Albelli and found the quality and turnaround time very good. The onlything I didn't like is that you have to go into the settings to turn the Spell-check feature on. I suggested to Albelli that it should be switched on as a default.
StuartAt 14 1.1k 8 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2015 1:17PM
Another vote for Albelli. I've also used Blurb, but Albelli frequently have great offers (free pages, 30% off etc).
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
7 Nov 2015 11:54AM
Did you decide on one Barbs? We never heard back from you.
x
barbarahirst 11 27 12 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2015 12:15PM
i have sent all your ideas to the couple and I am waiting for them to choose....
will get back to you all
THANKYOU!!!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.