Photo locations in Birmingham - Bullring + ?

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2016 3:53PM
Hi I'm popping up to central Birmingham for a few days, The Bullring is an obvious location to walk by, would you recommend any central based others?

Many thanks,
Stuart

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

6 Apr 2016 4:00PM
The new Library ?

Back to backs are worth a visit, although its ticketed and guided and you cant take photos inside. http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/birmingham-back-to-backs

Canal also..
Techno Plus
11 4.2k 8 England
6 Apr 2016 4:20PM
Techno Plus
11 4.2k 8 England
6 Apr 2016 4:30PM
Moor Street Station, Grand Central Station, New Library, already mentioned Gas St, have lunch a Marco Pierre Whites Restaurant, Mailbox, personally recommend this, take in the views on the 25th floor, Catch the Rotunda reflections in the polished steel cladding at Grand Central, the walk way from the Car park serving Harrods for that different pov of the famous cladding here. anyone of these venues will eat up your time photographically....Smile and everyone is easily walked.
sausage Plus
15 607 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2016 6:50PM
I went to Birmingham last Saturday, mainly to visit the new library. Fantastic place for photography, don't miss it.
I believe it's closed on Sundays.
24044_1459965036.jpg

Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
6 Apr 2016 7:51PM
I have recently taken photographs at the Bull Ring, The Library and Grand Central as well as the Canals. When I went to the Library, they did allow indoor photography but I believe that this may no longer be the case. For both The Library and Grand Central, you should contact them in advance and then may get permission. I also took photos at the Back to Backs but this was a private booking by my Camera Club where we paid a fee and had a free run for 3 hours. We also supplied photographs for their brochure for free.

Dave
dark_lord Plus
15 2.4k 598 England
6 Apr 2016 8:02PM
The Custard Factory (the creative quarter).
Buildings around the Jewellery Quarter.
Chinese Quarter just off Bristol Street.
The markets. Millenium point.
If you're very very very lucky you may see someone working on the Metro extension along Corporation Street and New Street.
Delapidation and decay around factories and canals in Digbeth, good for mono, I've seen some examples on here.
Don't forget the salubrious postcodes of B6 and B19 for example Wink
And yes I have walked around all those areas perfectly ok.
jembo 15 139 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2016 8:58PM
If going to thr Jewellery Quarter, have a look at the catacombs in Brookfields Cemetery.
llareggub 9 825 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2016 8:07AM
If people are your thing then the outdoor market always used to be a good place for Characters, the stroll from the Mailbox up to the ICC on the Gas St Basin also offers something a little different.
Rev2 9 302 2 England
8 Apr 2016 6:38PM
Victoria Square if the sun's out and Cathedral Square. Plenty of opportunities for candid shots;117722_1460137116.jpg

JackAllTog Plus
11 Apr 2016 10:48PM
Many thanks Smile I had a super time and the people were great. Locations are super too!
97593_1460411250.jpg

EddyP 4 6
12 Apr 2016 9:59AM
Birmingham gets a lot of slack from southerners... it's full of culture and a hub for the arts. Glad you enjoyed your trip! Did you make it to the custard factory? Really nice area with some great street art.
Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
12 Apr 2016 10:21AM
In my youth the centre of Birmingham was awful but in recent years it has improved enormously and now a great pleasure to visit. I probably only visit one or twice a year and hope they can keep up with building a new iconic building every year. I certainly find it is great for photography. It does have culture as well as the reason for some of my visits is the concert hall and CBSO.

Dave
JackAllTog Plus
12 Apr 2016 10:40AM

Quote:Birmingham gets a lot of slack from southerners... it's full of culture and a hub for the arts. Glad you enjoyed your trip! Did you make it to the custard factory? Really nice area with some great street art.

Hi EddyP, I looked up the custard factory thanks - but could not actually go. My photography time was limited to stolen pit stops and one early morning jaunt around the canals before others and the sun really got up.
There is loads more to yet explore and loads more being built in Birmingham so I'm looking forward to another trip maybe later this year Smile Meanwhile I've a few photos to go through and post...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.