50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Photo of the week - 02/09/02

raymed 18 21
7 Sep 2002 11:42PM
Barrie,

I have to come back at you regarding your last message, in which, having read it a time or two, I reckon you are still having a dig at the POW.

Your second paragraph is the one that irritates, and I quote

'When I saw the epithet 'Picture of the Week', I wrongly assumed it was being picked as the aesthetically and technically most pleasing and competent from a selection available. I now realise from clarifications made here and elsewhere that this is NOT the case and that in fact 'Picture of the week' is really a misnomer.' End quote.

I am left with the impression that, far from me being bitter, to roughly quote you again, I reckon that charge has to be leveled at you.

When I joined this particular 'club' for want of a better word, I had no illusions about my pictures, and when one of mine was chosen for what I still consider an honour - after all, it WAS chosen, and I do not believe it was picked because it was so bad - I was fully prepared for criticism. Indeeed I don't have such a thin skin as all that, but you sir, for all your letters, have really managed to irritate a very easy going individual - me. Even your so called apology was barbed. However, I will endevour to rise above it and continue taking pictures, and submitting them. So we may yet cross words again if I have the good fortune to be chosen for POW.

centur 19 106
8 Sep 2002 2:07AM
You know what people's the more I look at the original parrot and compared with the further enhancments done to it ..inparticular the closer crop I think that although the crop has in fact made the image VERY dramatic and is technically "stunning" imho...
I now have to say that In the original image as above ...the branch and bowl gives the parrot a referance point for ME to establish an understanding of the MOOD of the shot The image "says"to me that the "Parrot"is shy it appears to be poking his head around to see just what that man with the funny black box thingy is doing Wink
Now I may be reading toooo much into the thing However although I leeeeerve the cropped version I some how miss the warm fuzzy feeling of the original one ...go figureSmile
I may be just sooo full of it But none the less dems ma thots
with respect
Cheryl
User_Removed 19 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2002 7:32AM
Ray
If you cannot see when someone is trying to build bridges there is something wrong! I was trying to clarify why I was so butal with you.

To give an image the title 'Picture of the Week' implies it surpasses others by whatever criteria you use. Pete at ePhotozine has acknowledged that the title is misleading and Will Smith has said in this thread that the criteria used for judging is not that upon which I made my own judgement. I was wrong then to be so brutal and I said so.. .what are you after - me saying it's the best thing since sliced bread? It is a pleasant shot using the criteria upon which it was judged. There are technical faults that prevent it from being an excellent shot and i have said so. Why can't you accept that.

This thread is getting seriously out of hand - Pete has tried to draw a line under it by his comment in reply to my previous posting (obviously some people didn't take the hint) and he clearly thought that my posting was fair - you're making far too much of this - lets move on

raymed 18 21
8 Sep 2002 9:30AM
Okay Barrie, let's be friends. Next time we meet I'll let you buy me a drink Smile

Nowhere near as much fun though, is it?

Until the next time I am fortunate enough to be granted a POW.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.