Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Photo syndication advice

VolcanoCowboy 13 157 England
24 Aug 2011 3:18AM
I have been contacted by Solent News and Photo Agency as they wish to use one of my photos as a one image feature. This is the first time this has happened to me, so I want to make sure I get things right from the start. Has anyone here had any good/bad/ugly contact with this agency? The person who contacted me included a number of links to other photographers images they have had published in the Telegraphy and Daily Mail, so they seem legit. However, I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed, things to watch out for etc.

Thanks,

Adam

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

24 Aug 2011 3:43PM
I guess I posted this at the wrong time of the day. Does anyone have any advice for me? Would really love to hear it.

ADam
Sooty_1 9 1.5k 221 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2011 8:44PM
Do they want single-use rights for the image, or do they want to keep it on file for further syndication?

If single use, you can negotiate your price and keep the copyright intact. If they want to keep it on file, they will usuallly take 50% or so though you retain the right to remove it at any time, and you can usually specify the type of market they sell to.

Nick
8 Sep 2011 6:37PM
Thanks Nick, Sounds to me they want to keep it on file as they will give me 50% of anything the make.

Does anyone else have any other advice?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.