Photographer has wildlife image disqualified

thewilliam2 2 1.3k
2 May 2018 2:12PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ross_D Plus
5 838 1 United Kingdom
2 May 2018 3:31PM

Quote:Thanks: it makes sense now!

Ditto....Smile
Chris_L 5 5.3k United Kingdom
2 May 2018 9:44PM

Quote:Thanks: it makes sense now!

You're a Nikon user and I was once a Canon user and one thing those two firms do not have to do is come up with groundbreaking ideas in order to hold on to market share. That's where you can miss out on these kind of features.

Olympus, Panasonic, Sony etc are constantly introducing features that Canikon don't have. If they didn't then few would buy those brands and few would switch.
thewilliam2 2 1.3k
3 May 2018 10:09AM

Quote:You're a Nikon user and I was once a Canon user and one thing those two firms do not have to do is come up with groundbreaking ideas in order to hold on to market share. That's where you can miss out on these kind of features.

Chris, you must stop doing this to me, I've agreed with you again!

My first really wide angle lens was a Stigma 15-30mm, bought because Nikon didn't do anything similar. My copy was somewhat soft in the corners at 15mm but it was very useful at weddings in the good 'ol days of film.
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
3 May 2018 4:18PM
Sony, Panasonic and Olympus (especially the first two) have significant non-photographic empires which they can tap into, for cash for R&D, on the photographic side of their businesses.

Canon and Nikon don't really have that luxury. Or not to the same extent anyway.
themak 6 1.0k Scotland
3 May 2018 6:01PM
Canon's photography output is about 1/6th of their total business.
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
3 May 2018 7:42PM

Quote:Canon's photography output is about 1/6th of their total business.

Not sure where you got that figure but, whatever it is (nearer 40% from what I've read), Canon certainly has problems.

LINK

themak 6 1.0k Scotland
3 May 2018 8:13PM
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
7 May 2018 1:47PM
Ross_D Plus
5 838 1 United Kingdom
7 May 2018 8:26PM

Quote:Interesting comment here:

The article was OK but the Guardian must be the only newspaper where the comment section on an article about a faked image managed to include derrogatory comments about Trump (and a load of 'f' words !) Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.