Nik Collection 2018 by DxO - FREE with selected X-Rite products!

Photographer vs Sales Assistant

rowarrior 11 4.4k 9 Scotland
15 May 2008 1:20PM

Quote:jurisdiction (spelt wrong above)

Darn, missed that one, losing my touch!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stolzy 13 3.8k 7
15 May 2008 1:54PM
Tee hee, almost feel sorry for the poor *******.
No, cancel that, far too many people taking things intoi their own hands these days - I say make an example of him.
pepperst 11 2.3k 4 Wales
15 May 2008 2:14PM
Hang him high, only way he'll learn
Graywolf 12 1.0k United Kingdom
15 May 2008 6:18PM
I would take out the Korea reference. It is irrelevant to this incident and is a red herring.

I agree about the 'demand for a written apology' The rest of the letter is written in a reasonable tone. The OP doesn't have to demand an apology, it is his by right. He might say that on receipt of a written apology he will take no further action in the matter, or something to that effect.
SuziBlue 16 16.2k 10 Scotland
15 May 2008 6:34PM
May I offer my tuppencethreefarthingsworth Wink

I'd quote what the employee actually said. I don't think you need to water this down by saying he was rather abusive - that can mean anything and you need to be specific. Tell them exactly what he said and what your responses were, plus any physical action the employee took. Just relate it in a matter of fact way - as though you are reporting what happened to someone else.

In any case like this, a cool calm head, and a fistful of facts, carries a lot of weight. It also suggests to them that you are prepared to carry this as far as it will go. Be businesslike, firm, polite, assertive. State your case, ask for what you expect in terms of their written apology and anything else you're asking for.
Hugo 14 649 United Kingdom
15 May 2008 6:51PM
Small world, I also got 'hassled' in a very unfriendly way for taking photos outside the Phones 4 U store in Oxford, by several members of staff, almost to the point as if the entire store was secret and no-one was ever to see it.

At the time I walked off and let them 'win' so-to-speak, but looking back, I should have stood my ground.
(this was maybe 10 months or so ago)

Even if I was in the wrong, (I wasn’t in any way) there whole approach was very unfriendly and unprofessional. No need. It’s nice to be nice. Clearly you don’t need customer facing skills in some areas of retail.
sidaorb 13 3.9k 2 England
15 May 2008 6:59PM

Quote:Small world, I also got 'hassled' in a very unfriendly way for taking photos outside the Phones 4 U store in Oxford, by several members of staff, almost to the point as if the entire store was secret and no-one was ever to see it.

I wondered where I was going to go tomorrow with the camera, might have to do a little street photography in Oxford Wink
Hugo 14 649 United Kingdom
15 May 2008 7:06PM
Indeed, a nice pedestrianized street, in a city with, on the whole good architecture, what could possibly go wrong….  Smile
riggwelter 12 165 United Kingdom
15 May 2008 7:30PM
Time to work on the final draft of the letter (give me a couple of hours)!

I think I may include the fact that this incident has rattled the photography community so to speak and that many people will be interested in the outcome.
Graywolf 12 1.0k United Kingdom
15 May 2008 8:27PM

Quote:Time to work on the final draft of the letter (give me a couple of hours)!

I think I may include the fact that this incident has rattled the photography community so to speak and that many people will be interested in the outcome.

for rattled how about mobilised.
15 May 2008 8:33PM
Mobilised lol

Excellent ...

mobile phones .. mobilised .. geddit ..

thank you, my coat? - how kind

But seriously - yes. The more one uses active words the better. The quiet voice of reined-in outrage .. the march of a mililon photographers .. lovely Wink
stolzy 13 3.8k 7
15 May 2008 8:35PM

Quote:
I wondered where I was going to go tomorrow with the camera, might have to do a little street photography in Oxford

Maybe we should make a point of photographing every Phones 4 U store in the UK.
I feel a website coming on Smile
15 May 2008 8:36PM
Ooo that sounds like a plan.

searches for nearest outlet ...

Oh joy! O frabjous day ... guess what's in the vicinity .. Wink
stolzy 13 3.8k 7
15 May 2008 8:38PM
phones4u-photos.co.uk is available
NickParry 13 1.0k 79 Wales
15 May 2008 8:51PM
I seriously think that a competition is in order. A one off 'Best Phones4u Photo'. Set it as a one off weekly challenge.

Another idea would be to add a photo of a Phones4u store as an image and place your shots as mods. The original poster can judge the best. No prizes except the pleasure of taking shots of the stores.

Nick

EDIT: on their website they say they have over 400 stores. What a challenge to snap all 400

EDIT2: Obviously try the sensible option first of sending the letter Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.