Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photographer vs Sales Assistant

mad-dogs 14 2.2k England
15 May 2008 8:54PM
Personally, I would not make threats or notify them about the photographic community being involved with the initial contact.

Keep it plain, simple and polite.

If they do not respond in an acceptable manner, then 'flashmobs' may be one way to fight back. I'm sure some of the younger members know how to arrange these flashmob events.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

riggwelter 10 165 United Kingdom
15 May 2008 9:56PM
Well, Here it is. Posting tommorrow. Any changes/suggestions welcome.

Thanks for the continued support.

.............................................................................................
Incident outside Phones 4U Ltd,
26-28 Chapel St. Southport. PR8 1BH

On Wednesday 14th May 2008 at approx 11:40am I was approached by a member of your staff on the street outside the Southport (Chapel St.) Branch whilst taking photographs outside the premises.

He said that he preferred it if I did not photograph Phones 4U and that company policy strictly forbids it.
I respect your right to restrict photography on Phones 4U property and I can only assume that your member of Staff thought the same policy covered the exterior of your premises.

I explained that I had every right to be there and do what I was doing but I would delete the image out of professional courtesy and politeness (I didnít have to delete anything).

Despite this action, your member of staff went on to demand that he saw my camera and delete all Images containing The Phones 4U building or part of. He did this in a very aggressive and demanding manner. This is not the kind of behaviour I expect from Phones 4U staff.

I was left distressed by the aggressive, demanding manner of your employee who was acting on behalf of Phones 4U

May I point out that under current English Law, even the police require a court issued warrant to delete the images from my camera, and that unless committing an offence I have every right to take photographs from a public place. Your employee had no right to demand that I cease photographing the exterior of your premises and/or delete any images.

I trust that you will deal with this matter appropriately and a written apology from the branch manager concerned will be forthcoming. Furthermore I trust that your employees will be informed that they have no jurisdiction outside the door of the premises and that they could risk civil proceedings being instigated against them.

I look forward to your reply,

Yours Faithfully
lobsterboy Plus
13 14.8k 13 United Kingdom
15 May 2008 10:02PM
BTW - am I right in thinking phones4u sell camera phones? So if I buy one from them they won't let me try it out in the shop? or even by taking a photo of the shop?

You have to wonder about a firm like that!
15 May 2008 10:08PM
I think it is only 'big' cameras that scare them Wink
culturedcanvas 11 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
15 May 2008 10:23PM
This should do the trick then .... Wink

Compact Camera
dougv 13 8.4k 3 England
16 May 2008 3:16PM
I saw this on the BBC News site and thought of this thread...
Oh Dear!
Smile
16 May 2008 7:13PM
I saw that too and thought of this thread, when I found it, you had beat me to it.

Letter posted today by the way.
27 May 2008 8:55PM
Recieved a reply today!

It basically said it had been delt with and disciplinary action taken, but they couldn't disclose what action exactly.

Not a bad reply but not an appology either.
NickParry 11 1.0k 79 Wales
27 May 2008 8:55PM
At least that is something Smile

Nick
pepperst 9 2.3k 4 Wales
27 May 2008 9:02PM
Phone companies never appologise, everything but. Its bad for business to admit blame, mistakes can be made but never, ever appolosie out right unless forced by offical courts.

Used to work for the t022ers like this but now they have gone bust Smile Smile Smile
Paul65 9 258 England
27 May 2008 9:23PM
Get back to the store and take a pic of the person concerned. You'll know by the expression on his face how big a bollocking he got!!
27 May 2008 11:26PM

Quote:ANY REPLY YET RICHARD????

Yes -

Recieved a reply today!

It basically said it had been delt with and disciplinary action taken, but they couldn't disclose what action exactly.

Not a bad reply but not an appology either.
stolzy 11 3.8k 7
28 May 2008 5:11AM
It would have been nice if they had acknowledged he was in the wrong.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.