Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

Photographers in Leicester? and camera club advice please

JakobG 16 53 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2005 3:00AM
I remember back when I posted one of my first photos someone introduced themselves to me and suggested I turn up to a camera club in Leicester (where I live).

Unfortunately I've forgotten who that person was and what the camera club's name was and wondered if there is anyone out there in Leicester that goes to any local club that I might be able to come along to.

Being fairly new to photography I'm also not aware of what goes on and what is expected of attendees so would appreciate some comments from people in general who go to them.
Topcat 17 3
12 Jun 2007 8:49PM
Hi
Just read your plea for camera clubs in Leicester. I belong to the Leicester & Leicestershire Photographic society which meets at the Friends meeting house on Queens rd. The new season starts on Friday 7 sept 2007. If you want more info call the club secretary on 0116 2740701. We have a website which is www.landlps.org.uk. The society is open to everyone who is interested in photography whatever level you are at, so nothing is expected of you!
Martin
csurry 19 9.2k 92
12 Jun 2007 8:59PM
I could advise you on one to avoid in Leicestershire, but probably not fair to post their name here Smile

If it's near I'd try the one suggested by Martin, best to know someone rather than turn up and know no-one.

Leicestershire is a large county, so actually in Leicester or a bit further afield?
JohnHorne 16 1.0k
12 Jun 2007 8:59PM
At CameraClubs.co.uk you can enter your postcode and get a list of clubs near you.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.