photography ambitions targets for 2014

I will try to improve my mono shots what will you do on ephotozine this year

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MattK 7 63 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2014 8:22PM
I am going to try and get to grips with the focusing system on my 7D and improve my wildlife/action photography Smile

I would also like to meet other people who share photography as a hobby or job to learn from them and be more sociable with my camera!
woodlark 15 545 1 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2014 10:22PM
Find a Nikon 35mm film camera (anyone?). Stick a 50mm prime lens on the front, insert a roll of black and white film and hit Manchester for some raw street photography.
Graysta 14 1.1k England
2 Jan 2014 6:48AM

Quote:Find a Nikon 35mm film camera (anyone?).

I might have an F65 somewhere will have a look later, will let you know.
Nick_Hilton 14 575 2 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 10:20AM
Woodlark,
I'd be interesting in joining you for a spot of street photography if you want the company
katieb 15 255 4 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 11:10AM
Hopefully find some inspiration so bored with my images- there are so many things I want to try - like above, street photography is near the top of my list along with a long held desire to get a medium format film camera.
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 12:53PM
I want to get a few great images, not lots of OK images. I want to spend less time on actually doing photography/processing but get better shots by planning shoots more.
steve486 9 150 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 12:57PM
same as mattk, get to grips with the 7d focus lottery, and get out more.
brian1208 16 11.6k 12 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 2:06PM
I'm hoping that a new product idea will take off this year following positive customer reaction when I previewed it at our last craft-fair (an attempt to get business from the "I love your pictures but haven't got the wall space to hang any more" brigade Smile )

Photographically, to improve my studio skills and shoot a few portfolio / commercial projects (for money - at last Smile ) and do more motor sport work (now I have a rough idea what I'm doing)

Kit - I'm waiting for the Olympus 40-150 f2.8 to come out, together with the rumoured 1.4xTC
AnneB50 7 118 18 Scotland
2 Jan 2014 2:08PM
Oh, where to start! Like Ian who started this, I'd really like to grips with black and white and in particular, mono processing in Lightroom. Also do more 'doing' instead of just 'thinking about', then there's the 365 project!
woodlark 15 545 1 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 6:45PM
Aww thanks Graham. I may have found a Nikon 301 (if it works) appreciate if you inbox me with some details just in case.

And Nick I have no problem with you or anyone else for that matter joining me for a little street photography. I must warn you that I am very spur of the moment for when I go ie I usually decide a night or two before. I will inbox you my phone number and if you send yours in return we could probably organize something. Having said that if there were a few interested in coming I am sure we could set a fixed date Wink

Karl
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
2 Jan 2014 7:22PM
I have had several failed attempts to get to grips with keywording my images in Lightroom.

So, I think for 2014 I am going to make more of an effort.
Paul_Anthony 7 442 4 Wales
2 Jan 2014 8:16PM
To get accepted into Uni to study photography at degree level. I have already had an interview at The Atrium in Cardiff (USW) for Photographic Practice BA and have my next interview at Caerleon Uni (also USW) for Photographic Art BA on January 22nd, I am still waiting for an interview date with the Cardiff School of Art and Design for Photographic Practice BA.

Caerleon is my first choice, I hope to go on to study Contemporary Photographic Practice at MA level.

Although not completely decided yet, I hope to move into an altogether different area of photography / art, possibly curating, editorial or teaching. A move away from taking photographs for a living, I have worked as a social photographer focusing on wedding and portrait photography for the past 8 years.

Photography will always be a hobby for me though.

Paul
ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
2 Jan 2014 8:33PM

Quote:I will try to improve my mono shots what will you do on ephotozine this year

I'll probably pop into the forums and upload a shot a day - nothing specific, just a mild amusement for 5 minutes now and then
scrimmy Plus
11 389 5 Scotland
2 Jan 2014 8:57PM
I'd like to shoot more images just purely for fun Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.