photography ambitions targets for 2014

ARIANA1985 7 27 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2014 8:45PM

Quote:Im planning to do a personal project involving people with mental health problems
also improve myself -so one day i can start my own business (not in many many years )

That is interesting, why the interest in mental health, are you crazy like me Smile

i think we are all a little crazy Smile
why mental health project - my husband suffers from PTSD from the army and Depression so i experienced it first hand what it can do to people and their families

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
4 Jan 2014 9:09PM
I plan on trying to interest my wife in my hobby (again). I don't spend as much time travelling around for photography as I would if my wife went with me. Last summer was a total write-off with the severe flooding in early summer which destroyed so many of my favourite places. This summer I plan on doing some camping in order to spend quality time in some of our unique areas, such as Dinosaur Valley, Alberta Badlands, Cyprus Hills. I've also been thinking, I've never ridden a horse, so I may go on a trail ride in the Rockies.

Late last summer I developed quite an interest in automobile photography, and discovered plenty of free venues for that activity which I will exploit again this year.

I have some of the best, most fun camera equipment I've ever owned, and I think this presents some unique opportunities that I've never quite had before, so I should take advantage of them.
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
4 Jan 2014 9:24PM
Ariana, that is a very worthwhile project. In fact I have seen a number of in depth documentaries on just such ideas which have taken place in the US and Canada. In a 2-week period just before Christmas, there were 4 suicides in separate areas of Canada, the one connection being that they were all veterans of the war in Afghanistan. It has caused quite a stir in interest here.

My son is a 27-year veteran of our airforce, and did two tours during the Croation war, but interestingly, he has been affected much more severely by a 6-week stint cleaning up and gathering evidence from the crash site of the Swiss Air crash on the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada. Following 6 weeks of no days off, and 12 hour days of gathering and arranging the pieces from the site, they gave him 4 days off, during which he took counseling.
Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
4 Jan 2014 10:47PM

Quote:Im planning to do a personal project involving people with mental health problems
also improve myself -so one day i can start my own business (not in many many years )

That is interesting, why the interest in mental health, are you crazy like me Smile
i think we are all a little crazy Smile
why mental health project - my husband suffers from PTSD from the army and Depression so i experienced it first hand what it can do to people and their families

Send him my best, it can be tough for every one, the whole family, never give up on him.
ARIANA1985 7 27 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2014 6:32PM
Thank you Wink
Agree it can be tough ,but i believe that one day we pull through it
stuart1963 7 272 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2014 10:20PM
all I want is to improve and maybe get a GEA or an EATongue
mikehit 10 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2014 10:44PM

Quote:All I want is to improve and maybe get a GEA or an EATongue

You could volunteer to be a guest editor Wink
stuart1963 7 272 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2014 10:50PM

I don't think i'm good enough to dish awards out yet Smile
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
7 Jan 2014 8:23AM

Quote:quite an interest in automobile photography, and discovered plenty of free venues

I can do that looking out of the bedroom window.... but I guess you mean something a lot more interesting than commuters stuck in a traffic jam Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.