Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Photography Clubs

dynexclick 10 19 1 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2007 8:16PM
Hi Guys and Girls,

Can anyone recommend any photography clubs in the South Yorkshire area that have a welcoming and diverse membership base?

I have tried a club in the north side of sheffield that shall remain nameless, but I wasn't impressed as they did not make me feel welcome. Especially when I offered some of my work for a competition to the reply of, "no thanks we need something that can win"

Dynex Click

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta 10 1.1k England
1 Aug 2007 9:11PM
That attitude kills clubs.I joined Barton -on Humber club last October, made to feel welcome, 6 months on i feel like a life member,thats the way it should work. the club has a very diverse range of members,people have joined since myself and the club has benefitted from new ideas.Dont be put off by one bad experience you will find a club that helps you along, but also will benefit from having you as a member.P.S my club membership takes me a 20 mile journey each way plus a Humber bridge toll each way but i would poorer without the input from other members.Dont Localize too much.

KenTaylor Plus
11 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2007 9:34PM

Quote:"no thanks we need something that can win"

Hope you turned round and walked out.
3 Aug 2007 3:51PM
Dead easy one mate - anyone anywhere near to Barnsley, you need to come along to the Shafton Camera Club. We have members from Elsecar if that's near you?

Am I allowed to include their site here? Anyway, sorry if not, it's shaftoncameraclub.co.uk I'm sure you can figure out where to put the www! It's a great site with some cracking shots on giving you an idea of what we get up to

I'm the club sec and will be away for the next 2 weeks, but you'd be most welcome after that for me to meet & greet. Feel free to email us through the club site, and Chris will reply (assuming he's not on hols too!). I look forward to hearing from you on my return from jollies
absurd 13 228 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2007 6:16PM
I've been a member of Sheffield Photographic Society for a few years and and am quite happy with it. There's a good mix of talks, competitions and outings available. Have a look at the web site to get an idea of what's on offer.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.