Photography discussion...

clicknimagine Plus
10 587 98 India
13 Jan 2020 12:55PM
From the very beginning of my membership here, i have been following critique gallary but IMHO, members don't use this gallary at the full potential...the main gallary is all about votes, appreciations or awards...is it possible to find the best image of the day picked up and placed in a seperate place for discussions as what are the points for which it works or those points for which it doesn't work at all...

That could be a very helpful improvement tool for all the members...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
13 Jan 2020 1:31PM
An interesting idea, Somnath, which I will bring to the attention of the staff at ePz Towers...I'll ask them to respond here in the thread.
13 Jan 2020 2:14PM
How do we decide upon the “best image” of the day????
clicknimagine Plus
10 587 98 India
13 Jan 2020 2:20PM
Alan the staffs should decide if they agree at all...

There are so many options like critique team, moderators, staffs all can also work as a team...
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2020 2:20PM
Critique editor of the week/month/year?
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2020 2:21PM
Just an aside. Might the award actually not be just related to the image, but also the judges value of the ensuing discussion. E.g. the image may be in need of improvement, and the discussion generated relating to this particularly informative...

Just my two-penneth worth (as an educator).
clicknimagine Plus
10 587 98 India
13 Jan 2020 2:24PM

Quote:Critique editor of the week/month/year?

LOL...but there is nothing in the name...
13 Jan 2020 2:40PM
“Might the award actually not be just related to the image, but also the judges value of the ensuing discussion”
So how to we decide on the image in the first place????
dark_lord Plus
15 2.4k 619 England
13 Jan 2020 3:02PM
Interesting Somnath.

I'm not sure how this would work or exactly how you envisage this working.

Difficult to sday what's 'best' as there are so may subjective angles. You'd have to have some guidelines as to what 'best' means, for example informative, helpful, feedback and conversation with the OP, etc.

Some interesting photographic discussions occur on some images, not necessarily those in the Critique Gallery (talking of which there's not been much activity there recently, perhaps it will pick up once people get more active though winter is a good time for photography).
clicknimagine Plus
10 587 98 India
13 Jan 2020 3:13PM
The image which is more Technically and artistically sound than the others, will be considered as the best...

If a team is formed to select an image as best then the majority votes of the members of that team will decide the best image...
13 Jan 2020 3:50PM
I’m sorry Somnath, but I just don’t see how this would work.
“The more Technically or Artistically sound than the others”
“If a team is formed to select an image as best”
All just totally subjective. “Technically sound” by what guidelines? “Artistically sound”, again, totally subjective. And “If a team is formed”, now do we have to elect a team to elect the “best image”? We can see daily, in the main gallery, that there are some who have amassed so many “followers”, that they can post any image, “good” or “bad” and be guaranteed votes, accolades and awards.

SlowSong Plus
11 8.6k 30 England
13 Jan 2020 4:01PM

Quote:“The more Technically or Artistically sound than the others”

Sounds like Photo Club Speak to me. No room for diversion from the "rules".
x
13 Jan 2020 4:15PM
“Sounds like Photo Club Speak to me. No room for diversion from the "rules".”
Ah yes, the “rules”, who’s gonna make them, who’s gonna break them????
clicknimagine Plus
10 587 98 India
13 Jan 2020 4:17PM
The intension is to discuss photography not the selection process...and whatever the selection is or whoever the selector is, the point here is to discuss the selected image as purports to be the best of the day among others...
13 Jan 2020 4:40PM
It would be interesting to hear the thought processes that are behind the Editor and Highly Commended awards as a start point.

What did the image have that he/she/they saw and felt worthy for an award? Technical or artistic?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.