Affinity Photo for fast, smooth, powerful photo editing - 50% off!

'Photography has been destroyed by mobile phones'

Carabosse 16 41.2k 270 England
7 Dec 2018 2:53AM
Once optical zooms have been successfully incorporated into smartphones, this will surely be the end of compact cameras and low-end DSLR/CSCs as well - i.e. the sort that people buy with just a kit lens... and never add any other lens.

As to posterity, photography has become more of a throwaway commodity than ever. The only photos anyone will bother looking at are those of people who mean (or have meant) something to them. They won't mind too much if these have been taken on a smartphone or a Hasselblad H6D. Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
7 Dec 2018 10:45PM
SlowSong - How do you know you can't see them if you can't see them? How do you know they are there? Blush
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
8 Dec 2018 9:07AM

Quote:SlowSong - How do you know you can't see them if you can't see them? How do you know they are there? Blush
I could see a comment by Lemmy and someone else on my buzz feed but couldn't see the posts in this thread.
Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
9 Dec 2018 9:58PM
I see! Wink
Lance_B 5 2 Australia
9 Feb 2019 11:50PM

Quote:
Quote:The cheaper and easier you make things, the less value it has. Photography is becoming cheaper and easier and thus has less value to people.

Yawn, views like this have been around since the earliest days of film, photography has become cheaper in its most basic of form and this is good and having more value for people not less.

Its the name George Eastman not familiar to you ?

So, what you're saying is, I can get just as much money for a great photograph of say a bird now as I could 30 years ago? Sorry, this is just plain wrong.
Carabosse 16 41.2k 270 England
11 Feb 2019 2:08AM
This is quite entertaining! Tongue

Smartphone versus Hasselblad: LINK

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.