Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Photoguard insurance - customer service

cjdevine 5 1 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2014 9:00AM
Good Morning everyone,
has anyone had any problems claiming from Photoguard? it seems a long slow and difficult process.
when i took out the policy i explained that i did not have receipts for all of my gear
"Not a Problem" they said just take it all to a camera dealer and get a valuation letter, this i did and they examined my gear and wrote a letter containing all the details.
this i submitted to Photoguard and based on that they accepted my business and put a policy in Place.
now i have had some of my gear stolen, that letter it seems does not count for anything, and original receipts are the only thing they will accept!
if they do not accept a letter they asked for and did not question at the beginning of the policy, why do they not accept the same letter from there files now?
just beware i feel they are very keen to sign up customers but when you have a reason to claim they change the rules on you

be aware
Chris De Vine

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit 10 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2014 9:19AM
The sales department and the claims department will probably be completely different groups and the claims department deals with the underwriters who may be more strict than the sales department. So barring out and out mis-selling, it may just be a case of different motives.
It soudns likeyou have relevant written correspndence to support your view on things. So if you have not done so already send that to them again explaining the situation and that the policy was taken out in good faith. If that fails then say you believe they should cover you and you will refer them to the Financial Ombudsman - an acquaintance works in the FSA and apparently if the Ombudsman gets more than a certain number of complaints per year the Ombudsman will demand they do a full audit and that is the last thing an insurance company wants to have to do!

If you do nto have it in wrinting then it is he-said-she-said - one optio is to get a friend to phone up and ask the same questinos.
Good morning Chris.

We're sorry that you're finding your claim frustrating. The claims manager will be looking over your claim documents in more detail today - you should receive a telephone call shortly.

Kind regards,
Photoguard.

mikehit 10 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2014 12:22PM
Big Brother is watching you.... Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.