Photos as Christmas Presents - a warning ;)

User_Removed 15 279
7 Dec 2005 4:53AM
Seeing the thread on craft fairs reminded me of a couple of years ago when I decided to have the bright (yes, ok, and cheap) idea of giving carefully selected, beautifully framed photos to my partner's family for Christmas.

In fairness, I'd spent a fair bit on the bespoke frames and wrapped them lovingly.

Come the day of present exchange, the first person to open their's was her Gran. Now, shall we say, at her very respectable age, she was a little challenged. However, we all sat excidedly watching her open the parcel. What seemed like an hour later she eventually pulled the masterpiece from the remnants of wrapping.

She looked delighted. Yes! A succes! Or so I thought.

'Oh, this is lovely, thank you! I know exactly the photo I'll put in this' she enthused.

I excused myself while the others opened theirs and made myself an early (Irish) coffee.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ChristineL 15 39 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2005 4:58AM
Yeah I've stopped doing it, it's the mystified look on their faces that does it for me!
Chris.
JohnHawthorne 14 1.7k 5 Scotland
7 Dec 2005 5:00AM
LOL! Did you ever find out what photo she used or did you tell her?
User_Removed 15 279
7 Dec 2005 5:04AM
It was just too excrutiatingly embarassing to tell her!
KatieR 16 6.2k 6
7 Dec 2005 5:07AM
That's a good story - I shall keep it in the back of my mind for future reference!
mdpontin 16 6.0k Scotland
7 Dec 2005 5:28AM
LOL that's brilliant!

Doug
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2005 6:35AM
LOL!! I remember being given a framed photo of my Mum and Dad-in-Law for my 30th birthday, by the said pair.

They told me that as it was a special birthday I deserved something special.....
deviant 16 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2005 7:33AM
A relative of mine gave a huge framed A1 print of herself to her parents as a thank-you for her lavish 21st birthday... (Yeah I know...) There was a long puzzled silence until one of the very small children present innocently asked "Why does she looks so fat in that picture?". There followed an even longer silence...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.