Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

photoshop

sjk123 10 286 England
10 Apr 2013 10:15AM
hi was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or link to a tutorial .
http://www.patriziaburra.com/hairdressing.html
i like the finish of this image .
280x200-2.jpg

thanks
simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

janeez 8 1.7k 8 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2013 11:20AM
Wow. I wish I could help. They are fantastic. One of them looks abit like it has a Nik software pastel finish but with a whole lot of other processing besides.
Nick_w Plus
9 4.3k 99 England
10 Apr 2013 12:26PM
Looks like an awefull lot of localised doging / burning, maybe localised skin smoothing. Some destauration maybe even a mono adjustment layer, except the eyes which look like they have had a hue/saturation adjustment.

The lighting is also crucial, I looks like multiple light sources. M big vignette applied only to the background.

Its similar to some of the work by Delone and Uppercut on here . Its a style made famous by Jill Greenberg and Dave Hill. Interesting both have moved on from this a couple of years back.
sjk123 10 286 England
10 Apr 2013 1:15PM
i nick thanks for the info.
but is there a tutorial you know of that i could down load or follow .
thanks
simon
GazzaG2003 13 309 England
10 Apr 2013 8:48PM
you can try this tutorial its a very similar effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQxvFo4lGQ
DeLone 7 6
2 May 2013 8:30PM
The problem with this kind of pp is the killing of skintexture so it has to be done very carefully. I guess there's some local curves treatment (would be my way to process it) and some slightly dodge use on a 50% greylayer. The saturation has to be lowered and the vignet is set in later. Maybe in this one the compelte background has been put in later. I do like Greenberg's work a lot because of her controlled pp and use of lights. To achieve a certain effect the main lights are very important. You'll have to use one keylight in front above the model, two stripes from the back left and right, a background light and most important a very well balanced light straight above the model. I believe the first one who used this kind of lightsetup has been Yousuf Karsh. I believe he is the greatest portrait master in modern photography. Dave Hill is another type of work. Much more scenery and pp used.
Nick_w Plus
9 4.3k 99 England
2 May 2013 8:37PM
Your too modest Raudh I remember some of your early images in this style some of the best of this type I've seen, mainly because they had a twist - I loved the Dali tribute one you did a couple of years back.
DeLone 7 6
4 May 2013 3:40PM
Thank you Nick. I know which one you mean. It seems my head can be used as a Dahli Wink.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.