Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Photoshop cloning

DannoM 12 58 England
31 Dec 2008 2:31PM
im trying to clone out the head of a bird in the background of a photo. Ive tried the clone command but im having trouble with it. I use alt-click to select the colour to clone but when i actually clone the cross hair next to the clone circle is changing the colour im cloning.
Hope this is understood, maybe im using the wrong command??

thanks
Slippery_Jim 13 597 England
31 Dec 2008 2:37PM
Is the scource point of your clone within the diameter of the clone brush?
RogBrown 14 3.1k 10 England
31 Dec 2008 2:41PM
Not too sure I understand you. Could you make it a bit clearer?
Chrism8 14 972 28 England
31 Dec 2008 2:42PM
What version of Photoshop are you using ?
User_Removed 16 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
31 Dec 2008 2:47PM
If you click on the clone tool you see there are two options - I think you have the pattern option clicked rather than the straight clone tool.
31 Dec 2008 2:48PM

Quote:when i actually clone the cross hair next to the clone circle is changing the colour im cloning

When you Alt-click to select, there's a cross-hair in the middle of the circle. Once you release Alt, the cross-hair should disappear.
DannoM 12 58 England
31 Dec 2008 4:31PM
thanks for reply version is cs2, the cross hair isnt there when i pick the area to clone and then when i do clone its away from the circle so it keeps picking the colour and changing it...hope that explains better..the source point of the clone isnt in the circle
31 Dec 2008 4:47PM
When you have selected the area to clone from & click on where you want to clone to, the crosshair will appear where you're cloning from & pixels will be copied from there to the circle you're cloning to. Hope this is clear.
DannoM 12 58 England
31 Dec 2008 4:51PM
yeh thats what i get, trouble is the area to clone is quite large and when cloning with the circle the cross hair lands on differnt colours so the cloned area changes to the wrong colour. perhaps clone isnt the best method. i just wanted to pick the area for the colour and then just clone with the circle instead of the cross hair going to other parts and changing the colour. thanks everyone
31 Dec 2008 5:55PM
Try painting it using the brush tool, or cutting & pasting an area from another part of the image. Difficult to be specific without seeing the picture. Got to go out now. Will check back tomorrow. Good luck & Happt New Year.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.