Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Photoshop cs2 - printing & icc profiling

jimbo123 15 23 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2006 6:17AM
Hi people
can anyone advise me on printing profiles using cs2 , and or monitor calibration tools ( are they successful ) am having trouble in getting true prints from what i see on screen and what is output from the printer. ( epson r2400 ).Prints are light in colour.
What print settings do you find ok.
thanks
jimbo.
Henchard 16 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2006 6:47AM
Try here and
here

for some info
ading 17 2 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2006 8:29AM
Hi,
I'm not epson r2400 user, but last Friday I was in Photokina in Cologne Germany with my friend who had same problem as you with his printer. The Epson technician told us, that the paper profile is very important to select the right one (from print preview) and the colour management should turn off before printing. For the monitor calibration, he recommended the company X-rite with their eye-one color management system (gretagmacbeth). Hope this info help you a bit. Regards, Abdul.
nikguyatt 17 533 England
2 Oct 2006 12:20PM
Hi

Spent many days working on this or at least trying to!

The best thing to do is to get a ICC profile done for you, this will sort the printer out and also a spyder express for the monitor, around 100ish for both but very much worth it. If you do get this done I can email you a screen shot of the settings you then use in PSCS2 and the printer settings.

I used www.nativedigital.co.uk for the printer profile and it really does work!

Good luck!

Cheers
Nik
jimbo123 15 23 United Kingdom
3 Oct 2006 5:37AM
folks thanks for the info, will be checking them out, Nik , is a spyder express monitor tool worth the money , or does the monitor require calibrating every time ???, thanks once again.
jimbo.
mlewis 17 1.5k United Kingdom
3 Oct 2006 11:53AM
I think a monitor calibrating tool is worth the money as you know colours will be correct on screen. You can't sort out any other colour issues untill you know that the ones on screen are correct.

I use an Eye One Displsy 2 to calibrate my monitor and calibrate every 4 weeks when a reminder pops up. This is to compensate for any drift in the monitor's display.
nikguyatt 17 533 England
5 Oct 2006 9:50AM
Very much agree with the above, sort out the screen and at least you will see what you get!

Spyder express is the same, it pops up a message to remind you to re calibrate the screen every month, very easy to set up!

Cheers
Nik

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.