Photoshop Lightroom Bundle Offer

Pete_g 14 327 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2013 8:50PM
Hi Ade. For me it's familiarity with the operating system and integration between PS and Lightroom as well as workflow for the behance site which I am just playing with. I'm sure there are other cheaper alternatives but for me I've always been a photoshop person and probably too late to teach me new tricks now Wink

Pete

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman 16 4.5k 36 England
1 Dec 2013 5:00AM
And I respect you for your honesty Pete, familiarity is a good thing and learning a new system can sometimes be admittedly a major hassle, especially if you're very set in your ways. But the differences between a lot of these processing programs now are very subtle and I find myself personally able to adapt very easily, but I've been using computers now since before the days of MS DOS and always like to try out new things so don't find new things much a problem.......However I can certainly understand you point of view Smile
1 Dec 2013 10:51AM
Hi again Ade. I've also been immersed in computers and software for a few decades but I have so little time to take photos these days and engage in my hobby due to pressure of work so it really is easier for me to stick with what I know.

I'm sure many people don't realise how similar software suites have become due to becoming quite fixed in their usage so you raise some valid points. It's easy to become locked into a single industry standard and for people like yourself who can compare and contrast based on economics and personal usage then you are providing a valuable service. Perhaps if you use both you should write an article on pros and cons as I for one would value this ( especially if adobe raise their CC prices next year )

I'm now locked in for a year and will have the ability to see what Adobe does with this new subscription model but certainly will consider PSP based in your comments next time around.

Cheers Ade.
Ade_Osman 16 4.5k 36 England
1 Dec 2013 12:34PM

Quote:Perhaps if you use both you should write an article on pros and cons as I for one would value this

I'd love to do this Pete, but at this moment in time I'm currently in the throws of a house move down to Devon Smile As we're downsizing to a lot smaller property you can imagine just what all this entails, I seem to spending most of time at the moment at the local authority tip getting rid of all the detritus I've seemed to have accumulated over my life time........Hopefully the move will take place after Xmas, we were hoping to make it beforehand, but solicitors being as they are, this now looks unlikely Sad But once we've gone it will certainly give me something to do whilst the dark evenings are still with us, so leave it with me and I'll see if I can't come up with something in the New Year.
1 Dec 2013 1:06PM
Hope the move goes well for you and the family. I dread ever moving house again myself as we have also amassed a huge amount of stuff we don't need ( mostly in the attic). Much of the attic junk has moved with us twice and never been opened Smile

Cheers
Pete
stuwhitt 15 1.4k United Kingdom
2 Dec 2013 9:50PM

Quote:12 x 8.78 = 105.36

Yes but don't forget that were talking about Photoshop (CC has all the features of Photoshop Extended) and Lightroom, both of which bought traditionally together would be nudging 1000, See Here

Adding the cost of upgrades, for those who want to use Photoshop then is a bargain and IMO a no brainer

Fair enough if people don't want to pay for a subscription or don't want or need the power of Photoshop then use something else, but don't reject it because of the subscription model.
LesJD 7 159 Wales
4 Dec 2013 10:11AM
The offers now been extended until December 8th.
6 Dec 2013 12:26PM
I have to be honest and say that although I like the concept of CC, the non-perpetual licence is a massive turn-off for me (and many other people it seems).

You folk have to remember that as soon as you stop paying for CC, the software locks up and you are dead in the water - especially of you don't have an old copy of PS to open your PSD files.

Furthermore, from what I can see, there is nothing stopping Adobe hiking up the prices at a later date and you could be forced to pay them.

I've used PS for over 15 years now and bought every upgrade up to CS6, but until they change the licencing model, I won't be going on to CC.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.