Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Photoshop on Apple Mac

Seanf 14 5 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2008 1:13PM
I have recently purchased an apple imac and have loaded photoshop cs3 onto it. However when photoshop starts up it opens the menu tabs but still leaves the screen saver visible. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to cover the screensaver image. Your help is most appreciated. Sean
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Apr 2008 1:15PM
You mean the wallpaper?

On the toolbar on the left, I think it is on the bottom/near bottom of the toolbar, next to/below the icon for quick mask.
22 Apr 2008 1:25PM
sorry meant the wallpaper.
User_Removed 17 239 7 England
22 Apr 2008 1:32PM
load a picture! ps cs3 runs in conjunction with bridge. just go to browse select an image & away you go.
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
22 Apr 2008 1:32PM
I'm not sure I understand...

Photoshop on the Mac doesn't have an all-encompassing window with child windows inside it for images being edited. That's a Windows GUI convention.

You should see the Photoshop menu, the palettes and toolbars. If there are no other open windows, you'll be able to see the desktop as well.

Doug
javam 16 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2008 1:36PM
Cole is correct, you can 'switch on' a background using a button in the location he suggested. Or you can just drag the corner of the window the image loads in to create some grey space around the file.
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Apr 2008 1:37PM
I thought what he meant is:
When he open up photoshop and a photo in photoshop, there are gaps between the toolbars and pallettes and the photo, and you can still see the wallpaper underneath it.
Well, at least thats what I think he meant, hence my suggestion.
javam 16 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2008 1:42PM
I think we are thinking the same thing Cole. Either way the bottom icon on the left hand tool bar cycles through window options, several of which effectively hide the desktop wallpaper.
25 Apr 2008 11:28AM
Thanks for the comments. They have answered my question now that I have tried it and see the effect. Thanks again. Sean

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.