Photoshop resources

Pete_g 14 327 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2009 8:30PM
I'm sure this has been done before, but was hoping people wouldn't mind sharing their favourite resources for tips/guides/education on photoshop topics.

I know EPZ have many already posted, but would appreciate it if members would perhaps give advice on books they've read which have proved useful, courses they may have attended, magazines they recommend....or internet sites they regularly visit.

Many thanks in advance. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Adobecs 13 114 England
17 Apr 2009 9:21PM
I have learnt lots from the Scott Kelby books, they are easy to follow and very informative. I have four books of his and really recommend them, I have:-
PhotoshopCS for Photographers,
Photoshop CS 4 for Photographers,
Both I think are top stuff for starting off, although you need some Photoshop knowledge.
Then there is Photoshop CS2 Killer Tips which is a great book, I have to smile at some of the things it tells you PS can do.
If you want some projects to follow (which they all have) then the Classic Photoshop Effects is very good, but they are based at commercial projects but still great.
Then the Photoshop Channels Book which is more advanced. There are loads of books out there and I do have others which I think are very good, but there is something about how Scott Kelby put things over (once you get used to his sense of humour).
Hope this helps.
Pat.
User_Removed 13 51
17 Apr 2009 9:37PM
You can't go wrong with Scott Kelby. He tells it as it is in understandable English (well, American anyway) and has great tips.

I would highly recommend "Scott Kelby's 7-Point System for Photoshop". It has 21 work along lessons using the 7 point rules throughout. I always have it at my side when working with PS.

As I have his "Photoshop CS2 for Digital Photographers" and the CS3 version and I expect CS4 before too long I shall send you the CS2 if you wish. Send me a PM and let me know where to post it if you would like the copy.

Regards

Derek
17 Apr 2009 10:02PM
Thanks Pat and Derek...much appreciated.

I also have a couple of Scott Kelby books which I purchased a few years ago, and like you I have learnt some very good basic lessons using this material. I've even purchased the Lightroom 2 book for digital photographers, even before I've purchased the software Smile

Would be good to know if any others have used different sources, courses etc.

Sort of hoping this link could provide some useful tips for many other users also.

Thanks once again.

Derek...thanks ever so much for the offer...very much appreciated. I already have some CS2 material from this library, so won't take you up on this very kind offer. Please however let me know if you use any other sources....always good to learn from others on this site.
jeni 11 7 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2009 10:12PM
theres so much i need to learn about photoshop!

i have borrowed a Scott Kelby book from the library, i requested the adobe photoshop book for digital photographers and they actually bought it, ive also borrowed photoshop cs3 essential skills by mark galer and phillip andrews, only got this today so havent had chance to look at it yet. will post and update once ive had a quick read tonight though.
17 Apr 2009 10:20PM
Thanks Jeni.

I'm genuinely hoping that the owners of the site can consider placing some sort of "sticky content" for items such as these that are regularly discussed. and probably boring for regular and more experienced users.

Sometimes the use of the forum search isn't always quick or easy to navigate. (not a criticism, just an observation Wink

Question for Moderators/Pete....do you already have a "regularly asked questions slot" that I may be unware of ?? If not, is it something that could be considered as extra content??

Thanks

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.