Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

Picasa 2

backbeat Plus
15 134 1 United Kingdom
30 Apr 2007 9:45PM
This software has probably been mentioned before, but i downloaded the new Google photo file browser/organiser, Picasa 2, on the recommendation of AP magazine, and its great!..I'd really recommend it, especially as i only have PS7 so dont have the file browser on CS2, this works really well and sorts all your files into dated batches really quickly, and the interface is really clear and user friendly.

I found it to be useful anyway, and its free which is even better

phil
1 May 2007 2:25AM
Exactly the same route myself Phil..and yes...it's very useful..showed me pictures I'd saved and long since forgotten about... and where I'd put them..!!
Kevin.
MeanGreeny 15 3.7k England
1 May 2007 8:45AM
I think Picasa 2 works a treat as a general browser but I have found it to cause the odd crash.

Note the date and if you start having problems - be suspicious
Bowley 15 79 England
1 May 2007 11:06PM
unless the setting is hiden deep in the menu mountin. The auto correction which produces huge amount of noise can't be turned off. However as a veiwer and uploader, you can't argue with its value for money!
looboss 14 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
1 May 2007 11:32PM
Great as a viewer, but editing anything on it I find kinds of destroyed most images, its only really useful for working on copy's that you intend to upload at a low resolution to the web.
Superficial 14 147
2 May 2007 6:02PM
It's fantastic as a viewer and catalogue. It even makes a good stab at displaying my Canon raw files. Then I just right click and open in Photoshop and I'm there. I find it works really well, and looks good too.
Sahyadri 13 61 2 India
6 Aug 2008 10:24PM
I use picasa and though i wish i could do much more with it, cant complain....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.