ADVERTISEMENT
LUMIX S5 II - LIMITED OFFER - FROM £1699* GET FREE ACCESSORIES WORTH £££’S

Picfair?

Imageryonly Avatar
Imageryonly Plus
3 203 11 United Kingdom
18 May 2021 1:15PM
Has anyone had any dealings with this entity? Next doors daughter has asked me to find out about them if pos Smile
Thanks
David
JackAllTog Avatar
JackAllTog Plus
14 6.4k 58 United Kingdom
18 May 2021 2:21PM
Hi David, Yes i encountered them a few years ago and did a review here - https://www.ephotozine.com/article/picfair-plus-review-33637

It seemed like a good offering amongst the other stock vendors as it was small fresh and promised better returns for photographers. Stock photography seems to be a crowded market and my view of it that you have to have regular amazing images or a pretty unique style to make it work for you. I believe they offer a free and paid option so its probably worth a go to start with.
Where i think it might be complicated is is you submit to lots of stock sites as you then typically need to ensure your images are unique on each site.
Imageryonly Avatar
Imageryonly Plus
3 203 11 United Kingdom
18 May 2021 5:34PM

Quote:Hi David, Yes i encountered them a few years ago and did a review here - https://www.ephotozine.com/article/picfair-plus-review-33637

It seemed like a good offering amongst the other stock vendors as it was small fresh and promised better returns for photographers. Stock photography seems to be a crowded market and my view of it that you have to have regular amazing images or a pretty unique style to make it work for you. I believe they offer a free and paid option so its probably worth a go to start with.
Where i think it might be complicated is is you submit to lots of stock sites as you then typically need to ensure your images are unique on each site.

Thanks Stuart,
read your review, have you had business through them as yet? I am strictly a hobby snapper now, but the girl next door has been advised from her work to pursue a hobby she enjoys, and she likes Photography so I said I would check on the forum.
Many thanks for you help, David
JackAllTog Avatar
JackAllTog Plus
18 May 2021 9:40PM
Hi David, No, no business yet but then then I'd be the first to admit few of my photos stand out above the masses of other photographers who also do this for a living. Though I've not given up yet Smile

Also do ask your friend more than just the photo's, what's her attitude to paying a mortgage from her passion for photography and still enjoying the work she does for others. Not putting a downer, just a business realism view.
Imageryonly Avatar
Imageryonly Plus
3 203 11 United Kingdom
18 May 2021 11:19PM

Quote:Hi David, No, no business yet but then then I'd be the first to admit few of my photos stand out above the masses of other photographers who also do this for a living. Though I've not given up yet Smile

Also do ask your friend more than just the photo's, what's her attitude to paying a mortgage from her passion for photography and still enjoying the work she does for others. Not putting a downer, just a business realism view.

Hi Stuart,
she is a single Mum, so think it is just an idea to make some extra money, I think she is an Instagram type of person Smile and this is just a maybe moment ?
JackAllTog Avatar
JackAllTog Plus
18 May 2021 11:32PM
Hi David,
OK cool, then its a good idea to build up the business slowly. Portraits of kids may be a effective starting point given her captive local subject and likely other kids connections Smile Good luck with whatever she she tries and well worth the initial free account to try out the Picfair route.
Encouraging her to join her may also help Smile
Cheers,
Stuart

Login

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join for free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.