Pick the best picture from your neighbour

keith selmes 16 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2009 7:17PM
I have one blank neighbour and one long gone with not much.
Feeling lonely now Smile

Maybe we should all budge up a bit and get more cosy ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ketch 12 770 50 Turks And Caicos Islands
9 Apr 2009 9:14PM
It is quite cold out here tonight ...
janeez 11 1.8k 8 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2009 9:46PM
I don't mind snuggling up a bit......Smile
jeanie Plus
15 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2009 10:08PM
Here's my neighbour's .. He has not logged on since 9th March 07. I like this one because of the choice of F stop, and the contrast between the stones and the blue sky. Works for me Smile
User_Removed 13 2.1k 7 England
9 Apr 2009 10:09PM
Both my neighbour's are empty! Like the idea though.
fauxtography 14 6.6k 36
9 Apr 2009 10:33PM
Looking By Steve Kershaw... there were a few that I had shortlisted, mostly those of a humorous nature. However, this has a nice light to it, and hte pose says it all something has captured her interest, and she is looking and the light mimics that nicely. Not a planned shot, but a nice one.
steve_kershaw 14 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2009 11:19PM
my pick from Markscholey is ladybower
when somebody has so many excellent pics its hard to choose, this has a lovley mood to the shot, is the mist touched up in post?

got me thinking about more B&W so deffinatly worth looking at your neigbours
Mynett 11 142 6 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2009 11:21PM
great this but both my neighbours are empty, I am going to go to next but one now and see what I can find....
Mynett 11 142 6 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2009 11:24PM
Blankss's Gallery was 4 away - says it all...
looboss 12 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2009 1:41PM

Quote:Makes me wonder just how many "active" members this site actually has.

I'm wondering whether all the people who have left over the years are still counted as members, also, say I was to die today, Oi, I heard that , well, for how many years would I still be counted as being a member?

And if there are over half a million members as claimed, how come the POTW photos don't get say, 100,000, or even 50,000 votes.

There only seems to be a few hundred members actually getting involved in the site.

Seems a bit like counting every passenger a bus has ever carried yet the bus can only seat about 50.

There we are, something for you all to think about lol.
Geoff.

I have been involved in online communities over many years and I can agree that only 10% at most of the members in any forum/community are active, the numbers are artificially kept high to encourage advertising and for revenues to be maintained just as high price wiseWink hence the databases of membership are never cleaned. So if you find a lot of empty galleries its no wonder, most people will enter a site register and if they don't see what they want they up sticks and leave for greener pastures, its a dynamic and constant thing, how many times have you done it on other sites?
Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
28 Apr 2009 1:55PM
There is, of course, the 'Silent Majority' Wink

I most of the time that I spend in the forum is whilst I am thinking out my next course of action in my current activity off the site.

Which is, again, a most painful process and takes some while..!!!!!!! Wink
ChrisWaring 11 22 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2009 3:18PM
Nothing either side of me for as far as i care to go.
Tonyd3 15 1.1k 18 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2009 4:43PM
most of my neighbours have not logged in in years, went 10 up and 10 down got bored after that, but its a great idea.
roxpix 16 2.2k 11 Scotland
28 Apr 2009 4:46PM
Same here, most have no profile to speak of other than a username and last logged in during the dark ages
croberts 15 2.2k 8 Ireland
28 Apr 2009 4:49PM
Pask is my nearest active PF, lots either side are blank.

I'm quite pleased to have found his PF this way, as I hadn't seen it before. Some really lovely stuff.

I like this one on the first page. Mostly because i love it when you're in the right place at the right time. serendipity.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.