Save up to £360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Pixmania

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : locked because it's such an old thread and only comes up when a new person joins who's done a search to slag them off.

ZOOL 13 1
22 Feb 2006 11:38AM
EXCUSE ALL CAPS, DISABILITY ISSUE, NOT SHOUTING.

TO: nick_1982 At 10:17:21 - 09th Feb 06,

I THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WHEN YOU MENTIONED INCOMPETENCE!

HOWEVER, THEIR 2 INCOMPETENCE" IS PAYING THEM WELL, JUST CONSIDER THE MILLIONS OF EURO'S THEY HAVE TIED UP IN OTHER PEOPLES MONEY, ALL OF IT EARNING INTEREST AT OUR EXPENSE.

I AM CURRENTLY IN THE WARS WITH PIXMANIA AND I NOW FEEL LIKE I'M WRESTLING WITH A GHOST, AND THE GHOST IS COVERED IN SLIPPERY GREASE. IT'S A TRUE EXERCISE IN FRUSTRATION AND ALTHOUGH I HAD ONE PREVIOUS TROUBLE FREE DEAL WITH THEM, THIS FARCE HAS TURNED ME OF THEM FOR EVER.
XXXXX NEVER, EVER AGAIN!! XXXXX

THE IRRITATING THING IS IT COULD SO EASILY HAVE GONE THE OTHER WAY, A PLEASANT TRANSACTION WITH A SATISFIED CUSTOMER GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR, INSTEAD OF AN ANGRY, FRUSTRATED ENEMY FOR EVER MORE.

I DID READ THE SMALL PRINT, AND WAS CONTENT THAT THE DVD PLAYER WOULD HAVE A EURO-PLUG, AND I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THAT.
THE DEAL WENT WRONG FROM THE OFF, THE TRACKING NUMBER I WAS GIVEN WAS FOR A PERSON IN BELGIUM! I TRIED TO PHONE USING THE CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER PROVIDED BUT I COULD NEVER GET AN ANSWER, EITHER ENGAGED OR JUST RINGING OUT.

NOW MAYBE I'M JUST CYNICAL, BUT I DECIDED TO TRY THEIR SALES ORDERING NUMBER AND I WAS ANSWERED BY A MULTIPLE CHOICE MACHINE WITHIN 5 SECONDS. JUST A FLUKE? PURELY COINCIDENCE? RIGHT!!!

I DECIDED TO USE THE "I'M DUMB" APPROACH TO THE MULTIPLE CHOICE MACHINE AS THERE WAS NO CHOICE FOR MY QUERY, I JUST PRESSED A NUMBER AND THEN IGNORED THE NEXT XHOICE OFFERED. THIS WORKS WITH 99.99% OF THESE MACHINES, A HUMAN HAS TO INTERVENE TO "RESCUE" THE POOR LOST SOUL.

THE HUMAN, A NICE GUY FROM CORK, IN IRELAND, (I LIVE IN IRELAND TOO) INFORMED ME THAT EVERY ORDER PROCESSED OVER THE PREVIOUS 2 DAYS WAS IN THE SAME BOAT, CORRECT ORDER SENT, INCORRECT PAPERWORK SENT.

AFTER APPROX 7 DAYS (3 DAY DELIVERY??????) THE DVD PLAYER ARRIVED AND MY SON SIGNED FOR IT UNEXAMINED, WHICH IS A MUST DO FOR ANY PACKAGE BY COURIER. THERE WAS NO APPARENT DAMAGE AT ALL, IT LOOKED PRETTY PRISTINE IN IT'S BLACK RUBBISH BAG.

WHEN I OPENED THE BOX I WAS STUNNED. SOME A**HOLE HAD PUSHED THE 3 PIN ADAPTER INTO THE DVD BOX, WITH THE PINS PRESSED AGAINST THE TOP OF THE DVD PLAYWER, AND A WEEK OF LOADING AND UNLOADING HAD TAKEN IT'S TOLL. THE PINS OF THE ADAPTER WERE EMBEDDED IN THE TOP OF THE DVD PLAYER. HAD IT BEEN PLASTIC IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SHATTERED, BUT BEING OF VERY FLIMSY TIN IT WAS JUST SCRUNCHED UP AND I NEVER EVEN TRIED IT, THE PCB BOARD MIGHT HAVE BEEN SMASHED FOR ALL I KNOW.

REPORTED IT TO THE COURIER COMPANY WHO ASSURED ME THEY WOULD REGISTER THE ISSUE, THEN I BEGAN THE WRESTLING MATCH WITH THE GREASY GHOST.

ORDER WAS IN MID JANUARY, AND WE ARE NOW AT ABOUT 20 EMAILS.
PIXMANIA ORIGINALLY APOLOGISED AND ARRANGED TO COLLECT IT FROM MY HOME BY COURIER. I COMPLIED WITH THEIR REQUESTS TO PRINT OUT THE INVOICE AND RETURNS DOCKET THEY INCLUDE WITH EACH CONFIRMATION INVOICE AND THE COURIER DID COLLECT IT, ABOUT A WEEK LATER INSTEAD OF THE 2 DAYS PROMISED.

MY NEXT EMAIL FROM PIXMANIA WAS TO SAY THEY HAD MY RETURNED PACKAGE BUT I HAD FAILED TO TELL THEM WHY IT WAS RETURNED.

DUH!!! CLEARLY, THEY ARE EVEN MORE INCOMPETENT THAN I THOUGHT OR THEY HAD NOT EVEN OPENED THE PACKAGE, OTHERWISE, HOW COULD THEY NOT SEE A MANGLED DVD PLAYER WITH A THREE PIN PLUG ADAPTER RAMMED INTO IT'S OUTER CASING??

I POLITELY EXPLAINED MY REASONS, (HONESTLY, I AM STILL POLITE TO THEM) AND SAID I JUST WANTED A REFUND THANK YOU.
NO PROBLEMO SAYS PIXMANIA, IT'S TAKE A DAY OR SO, READ 30 MAYBE.

NEXT EMAIL WAS TO TELL ME A CREDIT WAS BEING ARRANGED, BUT IT WAS MINUS THE SHIPPING COSTS BOTH WAYS!!
JUST FOR THE NEXT EMAIL I WAS A LITTLE LESS THAN POLITE AND TOLD THEM WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR REDUCED REFUND, I WAS NOT PAYING SOME IDIOT TO SHIP DAMAGED GOODS NOR WAS I PAYING FOR THEIR DECISION TO USE A COURIER TO COLLECT IT.

NEXT WAS A "DEMAND" FOR MY BANK DETAILS, WITH A THREAT THAT IF IT WASN'T PROVIDED ASAP THEY WOULD JUST SEND ME A CHEQUE AND I COULD TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
THIS IS IN DIRECT CONTRAVENTION OF VISA'S, AND MOST CREDIT CARD COMPANIES TERMS OF TRADING. ANY REFUNDS MUST BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT TO THE CARD, OTHERWISE YOUR BORROWING "CASH", AND THAT'S A DIFFERENT TYPE OF TRANSACTION WITH INTEREST CHARGES BORDERING ON USURY.

SO FAR, I HAVE DISCOVERED A CREDIT TO MY CARD FROM FOTOVISTA, PIXMANIAS HOLDING COMPANY, FOR THE LESSER AMOUNT, AND RENEWED DEMANDS FOR MY BANK DETAILS TO MAKE A REFUND OF THE DELIVERY AND COLLECTION CHARGES.

DISTANCE SELLING ACT MY, SALE OF GOODS ACT, FAIR TRADING STANDARDS, ALL OF THEM MY AR**E, YOUR ON YOUR OWN MATES, AND DON'T YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE.

MY ADVICE IS TO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING AND DON'T BE PUT OFF, KEEP DIGGING AWAY AT THEM.

BETTER STILL, AVOID PIXMANIA LIKE THE PLAGUE, AND IGNORE ALL THOSE WHO WRITE AND SAY "VERY PLEASANT TRANSACTION, WILL BUY AGAIN". IT'S ALL OK UNTIL EVEN THE SLIGHTEST THING GOES WRONG, THEN THE BROWN STUFF HITS THE FAN.

ANY FOOL CAN GET IT DONE PROPERLY, THE REAL ART IS IN RESOLVING THE PROBLEMS WHEN THEY ARISE, AND PIXMANIA HAVE NO INTEREST IN DOING THAT, THEY MAKE PLENTY OF MONEY STRINGING OUT REFUNDS AS LONG AS THEY CAN, AND MANY PEOPLE JUST BUCKLE OUT OF FRUSTRATION, MAKING PIXMANIA AND THEIR LIKE THE WINNERS.
THIS HAS BEEN MY WORST INTERNET TRANSACTION IN QUITE A FEW YEARS, AND 99.9% OF MY SHOPPING IS DONE BY INTERNET OR POSTAL OR TV SHOPPING BECAUSE OF RESTRICTION ON MY ABILITY TO GET ABOUT.

I HAVE HAD BETTER SERVICE FOR A 2 BUY FROM HONGKONG ON EBAY THAN WITH PIXMANAI, BUT IT'S THE PIXMANIA ONE THAT WILL REMAIN UPPERMOST IN MY MIND.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

PATRICK

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Skodster 13 902 Ireland
24 Feb 2006 6:48AM
Gentlemen.........There are two great shops where i buy my stuff online.

www.warehouseexpress.com - I bought a Sony HDR-FX1E video camera from these guys - excellent service (UK product)

www.parkcameras.co.uk - I bought a Nikon D70 and SB-800 from these guys (UK product)

Both the above are reputable UK product businesses and Park cameras are a shop where you will find people that know what they are talking about!

And if you need to compare prices, find the lowest price in the UK and make sure that your proposed dealer is any good......

www.pricerunner.co.uk

Offshore dealers or grey importers DO NOT offer that much more of an incentive over UK sourced product I promise you.

You are definately safer and more likely to get more satisfaction from UK (European) product.
Dee_A 13 1
5 Mar 2006 5:35AM
I have just bought a Fuji Finepix F10 from Pixmania. Manual in French only. What a nightmare. Tried to register on the Fuji website, to be told I had bought a non-UK product and was not entitled to support, advice or an English manual! Electricity connections are all French style. Don't have a clue how to downloads pictures to my computer. Nowhere to go for advice.Wish I had read all of the internet user advice first. Do not buy from these people unless you want endless hassle!
28 Apr 2006 1:04AM
These people should not be allowed to ship to UK - heres our experience:
We ordered product from them (allegedly in Stock) on Thurday AM - we paid extra for 24hour delivery so we would have it for USE on the Bank Holiday Monday. We tracked the order throughout Thursday and their site claimed it was shipped. This morning (Friday)we tried to track through the Courier - no link to Courier - when we phone Pixmania we are told the product is "Ready for shipping" (Hang on it's now 24hours!!) We have cancelled the order (we only ordered via them 'cos they claimed to have stock - no-one else has - possibily they don't anyway.)
These people are simply lying about their delivery service (It's expensive and doesn't do what it says on the Website - interestingly the order confirmation states "express delivery 24-48hours NOT WHAT YOU ARE TOLD WHEN ORDERING!)
We get goods from throughout the UK and Denmark/Holland all manage next day delivery (some better) these guys should stick to France
pedrolima 13 1
4 May 2006 3:08PM
Warning: be very careful when buying from nomatica. In my opinion they cannot be trusted. They got my camera for repair and never send it back (full story here http://nomaticaneveragain.blogspot.com).

Be very careful.
Path 13 1
17 Jun 2006 9:39AM
I am interested to read so many complaints about Pixmania. I recently uploaded images of my daughter that I had taken by a professional photographer, and ordered 8 x 6 inch prints. The pictures all cut off the top half of her head, rendering the prints quite useless. They claim that I validated the prints - it must be something in the small print. Their contact sheet shows the full image. I returned the prints, asking them to try again, if necessary cropping the bottom of the print. They returned the useless prints, refusing to try again or to refund my money.
I was surprised at their unhelpful attitude, as obviously I will never use them again and will relate my experience to anyone who is interested.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get them to do the right thing?
21 Jul 2006 1:10PM
I think when dealing with Pixmania, in the interests of keeping your blood pressure and sanity under control you have to convince yourself to forget about achieving any sort of resolution quickly and trust in their 'system'. Admittedly an immense leap of faith. Obviously they may well still mess things up, but I'm happy to say that in my case although it took them a while ( only slightly longer than they estimate to be fair) they did resolve my problem. Nowhere near as quickly as UK companies normally do, but maybe it's a cultural thing. I offer this little tale (I've spun it out a bit but hey, it's my lunch hour) to demonstrate to others in a similar position that there may be light at the end of the (quite long) tunnel...

My experience began when I bought a lens from Pixmania a few months ago as they were the only company that had stock. (Price was actually slightly more than UK suppliers). It arrived quickly, but was unfortunately faulty straight out of the box. I rang them and was told I would have to return it via their normal returns procedure and this could take 4-6 weeks! Aaaggh! My incredulous horror at this delay was efficiently rebuffed and I was informed that the lens had to be inspected by the manufacturer to confirm it was faulty and also checked for damage as I had opened the box. Feeling almost like a criminal I read the terms and conditions and the 15 day return policy and came to the depressing conclusion that I would just have to knuckle under and wait this one out, no get out clause for immediate returns etc. A few stabs at polite outrage, pleadings for basic human decency, begging etc, simply fell on polite but obviously deaf bilingual ears. (I got through to their Paris call centre, they are obviously very used to dealing with stunned and irritable UK customers).

I sent the lens back to their UK depot, next day delivery, after just over two weeks it was logged as 'file being handled' on the website, and I received an email stating that the inspection and returns process would take 'approximately' 15 working days.

20 working days later my file was still 'being handled' so I rang them up again ( no problem getting through I must add) the girl on the phone firstly double checked that the 15 working day period had passed (aha I thought) and then reluctantly agreed to email their customer services dept to chase it up ( I thought I was speaking to their customer services dept!?), but she couldn't tell me when I might hear from them, I told her I felt this was a little vague, she agreed, yes, it was a little vague, and chuckled gently, then lapsed into silence, on that vague note our conversation ended.

The next day, with the words 'approximately' and 'vague' echoing in my mind I idly logged onto my Pixmania account not expecting to see any change, and was amazed to see that the replacement had been despatched. Soon after I received an email confirming that the item had been deemed faulty and a replacement was on it's way, I was also thanked for my 'trust'. I felt this was all suddenly becoming 'too easy' and my paranoia and suspicions were immediately aroused.

Fortunately my fears were groundless and miraculously the lens arrived a couple of days later. It worked and everything, and it only took a little over 6 weeks to get to this point! Life is good.

I will of course never ever ever again buy anything from Pixmania due to this apallingly drawn out returns policy, but they did generally adhere to their own protocol so I cannot criticise them for that. It just never occurred to me that any supplier would take so long to exchange an item so hadn't checked their terms and conditions prior to purchase. Won't be making that mistake again.

Of course I'm still out of pocket for the returns postage, but have decided not to push my luck, life is short, Pixmania's response time is long, I choose life.
Eduardo1 13 1
9 Sep 2006 12:38PM
I ordered an ipod 60gb
My order was placed on the 18 of August. On 25/08 after following up with DHL for few das they admitted that there was a problem with the parcel and the start a tracking research.

I had called Pixmania on the 25/08 to made that aware that I did not received any parcel and they started and investigation

Finally on 29/08 the DHL tracking office called me. They stated that the parcel was definitely lost and I should call Pixmania to ask a replacement.

From then on almost every day I only get all time the same answer: that the investigation is still going on even if DHL has admitted the packet is lost. The same answer when I officially request my money back

I had to raise a complain via Isis, via my bank (to get the money back) and via the European consumer center but at the moment after 3 weeks no sign of my money.

1) The fact that Pixmania advertise 24-48 hours delivery and after 3 weeks I still do not see the chance to understand when I will see my ipod (or at this stage my money ). The European Consumer center made me aware of the following
“Under the Distance Selling Regulations consumers are protected when a contract is entered over a distance i.e. consumer and seller are not in each other's physical presence. If you entered into a contract online both the seller and the consumer are bound by the terms and conditions provided. In your case the website stated up to fourteen days for delivery. The seller is said to be in 'breach of contract' when a term of the contract cannot be fulfilled, that is, he or she cannot supply the goods at the specified time. You are entitled to cancel your contract and expect a full refund. This should be done in writing. So the first step would be to contact the seller by either email or writing stating your case. If you do not receive any satisfactory response from the seller, contact your credit card company. Your credit card company should be able to intervene and possibly approach the seller to try and resolve the situation. If this does not solve your dispute contact the European Consumer Centre for assistance”

2) The fact that Pixmania does not respect not even their own policy publish on their website .
This is what is published on Pixmania website if a parcel is lost
What happens if the courier misplaces my parcel?
If the courier misplaces a parcel during the delivery, we will follow a standard process of opening a search file with the courier. This investigation normally takes 3-5 working days, and if the parcel cannot be found, your order will be re-shipped.

Meanwhile this is the mail received from Pixmania after they started the investigation
Mr. ****,
Further to our previous email, I would like to confirm that an investigation has been opened by DHL.This investigation will end on 2006-09-04. The procedure for this carrier takes 7 to 10 working days to complete. During this period, we will unfortunately not be able to send you another package or refund your order”
I complained but waited until the end date but at this stage Pixmania customer service and management had the courage to answer to every complaint that I could claim the money back only when the investigation was over and that the investigation was still going on. After more than 20 mails and more than 3 weeks since the oder was placed I still receive the same answer

This is a break of Pixmania written and advertised policy and of consumer rights and I raised this issue with Pixmania management with no success. I even wrote to Fotovista chief executive with no answer.

Avoid this shop , I am almost lost the confidence to shop on internet again.
Leanne_photo 13 158
11 Sep 2006 11:29PM
As I work for a major photographic shop (certainly doesn't begin with D ha ha), must admit we hear this all the time "I bought this off the internet and it has no../the instructions are in../whats does this do?"... sigh, people think they're getting a good price but realise it isn't all it appears to be. If you want to buy a product and be able to ask questions and be physically shown how to use youe equipment and gain advice, is it worth saving a few quid by buying off the net. I'm not denying there are bargains to be had, just tread carefully.. and now I'll breathe lol. Lea
Monkeyseat 13 1
21 Sep 2006 5:07PM
I ordered the Sony HC35 camcorder (with bag and tapes on a deal) due to the attractive price. I had to do it by phone because I couldn't figure out how to remove the "Zen Insurance" hehehe.

Anyway it came within 3 full days (got on Thursday, ordered monday) and so far is ok. Only trouble is the packaging was awful. The contents were just allowed to slide around in the box with no protection, doccuments etc. It either needed bubblerap, or some cardboard to hold it in place, or a smaller box. It was only a bit scuffed/dented on the box, I don't mind too much. I e-mailed them using the "suggestions" link on their site but I doubt anything will be done.

It did feel a bit dodgy when ordering on their website originally but I decided to do it due to the fact I thought I could probably get a refund (not in some cases though apparently). So far is working, hopefully will be fine (touch wood). If the driver/delivery man had been a bit more erratic it could've been a different story! I only signed up when reading this, but If I saw this before though I may have thought twice, as it is only slightly cheaper than elsewhere and I could do a deal to get somet tapes also anyway.
Andrew2a 13 1
13 Oct 2006 3:08PM
I bought my Canon ip6600D from them and it arrived on time, in good order with full UK manuals and connector, actually a US type 2 pin plug with a shaver type adapter.

I declined their "Zen" offer, but recently bought a camcorder battery and some firewire leads, and quite unwittingly paid an extra £11 (+VAT) for a loyalty card.
My ISP insists that their last e-mail contained a virus and will not let it through, and I am still waiting for this order to arrive six days after placing it. It was dispatched on 11 Oct but still has not reached Parcel Force's tracking centre.

When it arrives I will have to return the card and try to extract my eleven quid!
bizzo 13 1
8 Nov 2006 10:31PM
pixmania huh, wish i had seen this site before i odered from them.what can i say ordered camcorder on 30/11/06 48hr delivery apparently in stock at fulham london 9 days later still no camcorder and now discovery via DHL tracker it was sent from france but is now lost/stolen from warehouse having trouble getting refund,quoted breach of contract to them as per trading standards advice to be told they trade under french law not britsh? STEER WELL CLEAR is my advice.
daramul 13 1
23 Nov 2006 5:56PM
This Pixmania crowd are a joke I wish I had seen this before I had any dealings with them. I ordered a nikon d80 plus sigma lens off them 4 weeks ago, with a 3-4 day delivery. A week later I received a Bodum wok. I was surprised to see they actually do sell woks...As of today I have been on to their support 5 times. They still have not picked up the wok or sent out the correct parcel. Yesterday I received an email from Mr Felix saying an investigation had been started with the courier. Thats 12 days after my initial complaint. Today i received an email saying the investigation had come to an end and that I had received my parcel, failing to realize my complaint was the incorrect contents and not whether i had received a parcel or not. Today I was again promised that the problem will be sorted out but first they will pick up the wok and"check it" before sending out the camera. I am beginning to doubt I will get my camera any time soon after reading the above. I cant find the address for that CEO at fotovista on the site - if anyone could post it I would appreciate it. For anyone thinking of buying at Pixmania I would strongly urge you to take your business elsewhere.