50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Please any words about SONY F828

CatMouse 17 115 Russian Federation
28 Feb 2004 8:21PM
Oh, very interesting!

However, I think that tandem Sony and Carl Zeiss is too profitable enterprise for the collapse because of mutual recriminations.

Though time will show.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
28 Feb 2004 8:24PM
I think you may be right Malik. These Japanese-German link ups seem to be on the increase.

Sony's arch electronics rival, Panasonic, has linked up with Leica for their lenses!
gary.d 19 146 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2004 9:39PM
I had a F828 for a few weeks but have since returned it as the noise levels were unacceptable. Also quite noticable was both purple and green fringing in highlight and shadow areas, especially in high contrast scenes although you had to look closely to see it. For the average user I don't think it will be a problem. In it's defence the camera had a quality finish and was great to handle. I'm contemplating replacing it with an A2 but I'm wondering if 8MP and 2/3 CCD just don't go together?
park my ferret 17 1.0k United Kingdom
28 Feb 2004 10:09PM
I wonder whether canons new 8m pixel prosumer model will suffer from the same problems that the sony does, bieng as they are cramming the chip with more pixels instead of making it bigger like the 1d mk II chip.
it will be interesting to see how it fares
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
28 Feb 2004 10:17PM
So far as I know there is really only one way of cramming on more pixels on to a given size of sensor - make the pixels smaller!

Smaller pixels = more noise and other aberrations.

If the Canon Pro-1 manages to avoid this problem that will be a tremendous achievement and the F828 will probably fade into oblivion.

Reviews should be out soon!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.