Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Please help - Photoshop Elements fans!!

daveathome 7 23
26 Dec 2013 11:56AM
I hope someone can help me here!!
I bought a photoshop 12 app for 15 euro that teaches photoshop elements yesterday
I then went and bought PSE 12 from Adobe but it needs OS X 10.7 on Mac and I only have 10.6.8!!!
I am getting a refund from Adobe but am wondering should I get pse 11 which I am told will work on my mac and if I do will my teaching app be a waste of money or would it be ok for pse 11 too??
I am also wondering if I could get pse 12 on my ipad air which would solve everything?
I tried to get OS X 10.7 but it was too tricky for me to do and I am a bit afraid of what problems I might run into doing that
What about iPhoto touch for the ipad although that would mean my teaching app would be wasted
I don't have major photoshop needs but am doing the Evan Sharboneau course on photo tricks etc and need some type of image editing software and he recommends pse 11 or better so that or pse 12 is my preference
Hope someone can help here and thanks in advance!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EG 10 24 United Kingdom
26 Dec 2013 9:02PM
Hi can you download the trial version

Eddie
galalad 6 17 United Kingdom
27 Dec 2013 12:11AM
I replaced PSE 11 with 12 and they are very,very similar! So go for 11.

galalad
daveathome 7 23
27 Dec 2013 8:10PM
Thanks for that lads. I have now downloaded Mac OS mavericks and the trial version of pse 12 is working so if that holds up I will try to buy again in 30 days....
I must say I am a bit nervous of switching from iPhoto but we will see and hopefully I don't end up spending my precious spare time on pse instead of the camera!!
Thanks again and any comments on pse versus iPhoto would be welcome!
tanglefoot 15 973 England
17 Jan 2014 1:04AM
I'm still struggling with Elements 10, can't make head nor tail of it
saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
17 Jan 2014 6:01AM

Quote:I'm still struggling with Elements 10, can't make head nor tail of it

Have a look on YouTube, loads of very helpful tutorials on there.

Malc
tanglefoot 15 973 England
21 Jan 2014 3:13PM
Looked on you tube, still doesn't work
Niknut Plus
10 2.5k 82 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2014 3:52PM
Have a look on WHSmith website, & type in 'Books on Adobe Photoshop Elements 10' & take your pick from about 6 tutorial

books on the subject..........it's the way I self-taught with Elements 5 a few years back !!.Grin
lemontart 7 77 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2014 4:11PM
have you tried googling pse video tutorials - may be worth doing before splashing out on a book
Niknut Plus
10 2.5k 82 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2014 4:14PM
Watching video tutorials is fine....if you can remember everything afterwards !!....other than making notes as you go along.

I've still got some CD's of tutorials, & find that everything happens so quickly, & not always easy to follow !

At least using a book on the subject, you can have the article in front of you while trying out the stuff on the computer, & can
constantly refer back to the info............so I've tried both & just find using a book to follow so much easier !Smile
chris.maddock 19 3.7k United Kingdom
24 Jan 2014 4:29PM

Quote:Watching video tutorials is fine....if you can remember everything afterwards !!....other than making notes as you go along.

Spot on - I find they're about as useful as the computer-based training we are forced to do at work.

The worst of those are where the rotters make you sit through the whole lot before getting the quiz. The best are those which give you the quiz first, then tailor the modules to just cover the bits you didn't know (or just got wrong) before finishing off with a subset of the quiz for just those modules, but we don't have many of them yet :-(
24 Jan 2014 11:17PM

Quote:Watching video tutorials is fine....if you can remember everything afterwards !!....other than making notes as you go along.

I've still got some CD's of tutorials, & find that everything happens so quickly, & not always easy to follow !

Thank god it's not only me...I find them totally useless for these reasons...! give me a book every time...oh...sorry...they cost more/take more effort to produce...
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
25 Jan 2014 9:55AM
Not PSE but everything I have learnt about Lightroom has come from video tutorials and have had none of the issues mentioned above

Quote:I find them totally useless for these reasons

I find the videos great as you can see the effects for real as they happen whereas with a book you cannot...... pictures in magazines / books of noise reduction, for example, I find totally useless !

OK, you may have to watch them a couple of times but then again you may have to read the chapter in a book a couple of times as well.
Bridgelayer 13 691 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2014 12:44PM
Watch the tutorials and run PSE at the same time, pause the tutorial and carry out each step on PSE. One step at a time. Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey. Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.