Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Please include camera details etc.

conrad 16 10.9k 116
27 Mar 2006 2:46AM
Let's be realistic, here: it's nice if those photographers who know the details put them in the respective fields before uploading an image, but if they don't know: fine, and if they do know but don't want to give us the info: fine, too.

Meanwhile we appreciate it that some do give the info, but that's all.

Conrad
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2006 2:55AM
Thats about right.
Trouble is, when this topic comes up, someone will say that we all have exif, or words to that effect, which is surprising really. I'll cool down in a minute.
User_Removed 16 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2006 3:14AM
Well I for one found the listing of camera and lens used very useful when I was researching which lens to buy.
One other site I sometimes visit used to have a search facility which would pull up all photo's taken with requested combinations of the above and it certainly swayed my decision of which lens I wanted to buy.
sidaorb 15 3.9k 2 England
27 Mar 2006 3:16AM
Keith,

I appologise, that was a case of engaging fingers before engaging brain. What I should have said was it has helped me and if possible could the pictures include this.

Carl
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2006 3:43AM
Thanks Carl, I realised I was kneejerking a bit myself.
shooter 18 105 Canada
29 Mar 2006 1:12PM
I can see here shutter speed and aperture might be useful, perhaps even lens focal length (although you can usually SEE that close enough if you just LOOK at the photo!) but camera model?

Come on - do you want to ask a painter which make of paint he uses? Does that matter, or have anything to do with what the painting looks like? Yikes.

The camera has little or nothing to do with it, otherwise all the best photographers would have the huge advantage of one particular camera that's best. There's no such thing, get over it. It does not matter what camera you use.
spaceman 17 5.3k 3 Wales
29 Mar 2006 1:23PM

Quote:Lets be honest we all have software that tells us it anyway.

Actually...............
Just Jas 19 26.3k 1 England
29 Mar 2006 1:42PM

Quote:Come on - do you want to ask a painter which make of paint he uses?

You might - if you were learning paint!
rogerbryan 16 397 United Kingdom
29 Mar 2006 1:52PM
Tend to agree, more information would be helpful to those trying to learn about photography. I would also like to see more people say where, when and why an image was taken.
I have to admit, perhaps wrongly, that if someone just uploads the image without any details whatsoever, I tend not to comment on them. The only exception to that would be if the image was visually stunning.

Roger

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.