Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Plugins and Filters

Chris_L 7 5.5k United Kingdom
17 Feb 2018 1:32PM
I use the Nik Collection now and then, often just for inspiration. I know that Silver FX etc are very popular with some members.

Lightroom and Photoshop are so good now it's rare that you need a plug-in.

Having said that, apart from the Nik Collection, what Photoshop and Lightroom plugins do you find invaluable?

17 Feb 2018 3:22PM
Topaz - although the recent moves away from the plug in interface toward a complete package is, in my view, a very misguided step. Hopefully their original plug-ins will continue to work for some time.

Flaming Pear.
17 Feb 2018 3:29PM
I would like to add Chris that Photoshop did at one time have a fabulous plug-in devised I believe by users of the programme. It was called 'Pixel Bender' and if you liked 'mucking about' as I do it could create really great images. But from CS5 onward it was no longer compatible and Adobe show no sign of replacing it or allowing it to be used. My favourite was 'Droste' which created an Escher like contortion of your image - sad, sad that it is no longer available.
Philh04 Plus
16 2.3k United Kingdom
17 Feb 2018 4:55PM
Bought Topaz Texture effects thinking I was going to make use of it... used it on two images, that was it.. Also have Skylums Luminar accessible as a plug in, might use it one day, only purchased as I got a good deal...

To be honest I am not that fond of using plug-ins and 90% of what I do is done solely in LR only going to PS if it is absolutely needed, I much prefer not rendering to a TIFF or any other format, apart from a few exceptions all my printing is from LR too.
Chris_L 7 5.5k United Kingdom
17 Feb 2018 5:15PM
I'm the same Phil, like to keep my raw file and my Lr catalog and cut down on the rest.

However some of the results I've been getting with little effort using Nik's Color Efex Pro have really suited some recent images that I've been shooting. Still retain original raw of course!

It's made me wonder what other plug ins I might be missing out on.
Philh04 Plus
16 2.3k United Kingdom
17 Feb 2018 5:24PM
Have a look at Luminar... it is quite easy to overdo things but used with care it looks like it could be interesting.
BobbieBoy 15 47 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2018 5:24PM
I love the Franzis software. Plugin or standalone
EddieAC 16 3.2k 2 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2018 12:10PM
I installed the Pixel Bender plugin with my version of CS5 and it would only work with documents 1000 pixels in size or less.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.