Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Polyboard Stands

LauraVest 15 33 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2011 2:21PM
Had a quick look through forums and couldn't see anything on this.

I'm looking to buy some polyboard stands, haven't ever bought them before so a bit unsure of where to get them from. I did a quick google search and the prices are quite varied - from 35-75. Its only a piece of metal, quite crazy really. I was expecting them to be about 20 mark.

I just wondered what people thought of this and if there were alternatives I didn't know about.

Thanks for any help.

I added a photo of a polyboard stand incase people didn't know what I meant.
swfbh50.jpg
JackAllTog Plus
12 6.3k 58 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2011 3:20PM
If you're on a budget then DIY is a common solution, couple of telephone directories?
Or maybe even some portable bike stands like you see in cycle shop windows.
cattyal Plus
16 9.2k 6 England
3 Jun 2011 3:21PM
Quite frustrating as I saw something only the other day about these stands - I think a member was making them. I can't however find the thread at all now - but then again I am supposed to be working!
franken Plus
19 5.3k 4 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2011 4:09PM
indemnity 13 334
3 Jun 2011 7:34PM
Just cut a slot in a block of wood, or expanded poly'/foam on scrap wood Chipboard bed. Pennies. If you want a 'Blue Peter' badge use a piece of ply/chipboard/wood and use/bend a couple of coat hangers, drill wood and press them into it. Wink Make sure you have an adult present wear goggles, gloves, use water based safety glue, child proof drill etc, etc, etc and of course 'sticky backed plastic...WinkWinkWink Really?
LauraVest 15 33 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2011 11:30AM
Thanks for all the comments. Really helped. Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.