Poppy field locations...please

steve_eb Plus
10 364 8 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2018 8:46PM
Hi

Iím based near Watford Hertfordshire & live near Uxbridge Middlesex...so Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Middlesex, Surrey, Sussex in that order would be good...
I have loose information that there is a good show near the Amex stadium Brighton could someone confirm this as itís a fair hike for a poor show...also similar info on Sandridge in Herts...again can anyone confirm this...
Thinking you in advance for your wonderfully helpful info Wink

Steve Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StuartAt 13 1.1k 8 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2018 9:01AM
Unfortunately nothing in the locations you have asked for, but a good show between Elmswell and Wetherden in Suffolk.
steve_eb Plus
10 364 8 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2018 10:28AM
Hi Stuart

Yes that is one of the 2 solid as good locations an old school friend told me of & it does look fab she sent a phone pic...so if nothing transpires locally thats where I'll be heading...

Thanks, Steve
13 Jun 2018 10:35AM
If you look in my Portfolio you'll see my latest pic from a couple of days ago (although it doesn't really show the whole field).
steve_eb Plus
10 364 8 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2018 11:01AM
Lovely image Stuart...

As far as the field is concerned how dense are the poppies if I wanted to shoot people amongst them?

13 Jun 2018 3:11PM
28773_1528899025.jpg

This gives a pretty good idea. The only problem with it being Suffolk is that it is a fairly flat field with the outskirts of the village nearby. There was a photographer there taking pics of a family while I was there and she was using a stepladder to get some elevation.
steve_eb Plus
10 364 8 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2018 4:04PM
Thanks so much for your info Stuart you've been a great help...

I've been given some info today on a few near Royston by my delivery guy who drives across from Norfolk to me in Watford who saw them today & said they were great so I'll maybe try them & if no good pop over to Elmswell...
18 Jun 2018 1:45PM
Does anyone know where to find poppies in/around Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, Bristol?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.