GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Portfolio Building

richijenkin 15 70 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2018 12:59AM
Hi.. I'm after an event where I can take pictures of models, preferably dressed as bride and groom to use as portfolio shots for our website. Does anyone know of an event like this or something similar coming up soon?

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area.

Cheers
Richi

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RoyBoy 15 303 2 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2018 8:12AM
If it were me I would try and find out of some imminent weddings taking place at a church location local to you. Having done so I would then seek to approach the “happy couple” and offer them the chance to have some extra photo taken. As a matter of curtesy I would make sure that the principle photographer was made aware and offer your services for free as an assistant photographer to him/her
Philh04 Plus
14 2.1k United Kingdom
16 Oct 2018 8:36AM
I don't want this to come across wrong, but on your about page you say you are a professional wedding photographer, surely a client wants to see real world wedding images?
saltireblue Plus
9 9.8k 36 Norway
16 Oct 2018 9:04AM
Your description states you are a Professional Wedding Photographer, yet on your 'about' page on your site, you say you are a 'professional computer nerd' during the day and photography is a passion.
Are you making a living from photography and therefore a professional, or not?
Confusing information here...
Might be a good idea to get the info correct.Smile
16 Oct 2018 9:16AM
Thanks for replying Phil and looking at the profile. Maybe I should just put ‘wedding photographer’, Blush although we have made money with weddings in the past they don’t reflect our current work, we need more weddings but need a decent portfolio first. Stuck in the chicken and egg situation.
16 Oct 2018 9:20AM

Quote:Are you making a living from photography and therefore a professional, or not?
Confusing information here...
Might be a good idea to get the info correct.Smile

Doh, I thought I updated it. Thanks for pointing that out. In between jobs at the moment.
16 Oct 2018 9:22AM
Thanks for the profile pointers, maybe I should change the question so the answers fit. Grin Grin
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2018 4:14PM
The other way is to sign up on the modelling websites - then host a few sessions with 2 models you think represent your market. This will give you time to set up and shoot when you want to, do this a few times and improve your game as you go - then when you feel you can shoot a couple's big day well in the rain then i'd say go for it - with financial insurance.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.