Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Post focus goof up

13 Jun 2019 8:04PM
Unknown to me I had taken a lot of photos in post focus mode with my Panasonic DMC ZS60. When they were sent (copied) to my desktop they looked like pieces of film (remember film? with sprocket holes at the sides?). They all play like videos! I am told they can still be corrected but Panasonic cannot tell me how to do this on the computer. They suggested googling photo editing software packages. The photos are now deleted from the memory card. Has anyone else had a similar experience and how were you able to fix your error? I have Microsoft on my desktop. Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.6k England
13 Jun 2019 10:07PM
13 Jun 2019 11:45PM
They are 4k video clips saved as mp4 files so try searching on the internet for 'how to extract a single image from an mp4 file in Lightroom' or whatever image editing software you have.

14 Jun 2019 3:29AM
Thanks to you both and I am getting a bit of an understanding. After googling as suggested by "philstan", and at a very quick look, I think my best bet will be MPEG Stream Clip. For my purposes, I do not want to get too complicated or spend a great deal of money on software that I will only use for this purpose and at a fraction of its capacity. Stay tuned. and wish me luck.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.