Turn Your Old Camera Into Cash With An Instant Quote From MPB

Power Point slide shows

DAVID LYDIATE 18 305
7 Jul 2006 12:42PM
Can you set a Powerpoint presentation to run a slide show automaticaly without having to click on each image.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
7 Jul 2006 12:43PM
Yes you can. You can also vary the transitions. I can't remember off the top of my head where you do it, but I know there is a transitions menu somewhere.

edit - just checked. In PP2003 there is an option Slideshow on the main menu.

Ian
7 Jul 2006 12:44PM
yes, under set up slide show options.
MeanGreeny 14 3.7k England
7 Jul 2006 1:07PM
You can also save a slide show [Example.ppt] as a self contained package [Powerpoint Show: Example.pps] so that a user does not need to have PowerPoint installed.

Otherwise, to see it from PowerPoint, click on the screen icon at the bottom left of your Powerpoint workspace.
DAVID LYDIATE 18 305
7 Jul 2006 1:32PM
Worked that out
I have intend to link a page in my website to this file, now I want to have a page at the end so people can return to my main page how is this done?
nickp 15 491 Scotland
7 Jul 2006 3:01PM
Hmm, how big is that PP presentation file? Are you asking your visitors to download it all before they see anything?

You might be better off looking for some php slide show scripts such as PHPSlideShow v0.9 written by Greg Lawler
from http://www.zinkwazi.com/scripts. This will present discrete images without further user intervention, but you will need some modest development skills to implement it.

Getting your users back to your main page may be a challenge. Depends where the PP slideshow actually runs. If you link to a file on your server it won't be running in your browser so you've already lost your users. You may be able to embed a new slide at the end of the show with a hyperlink in it back to your main page.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.