powerpack for Canon 580exII

irweazel 13 167 England
4 Mar 2011 9:10AM
I am looking for a powerpack for canon 580ex II. Sad thing is that i have a quantum QB 1+ but the only way to connect that up is to hack apart the battery door or just leaving it open, not massively keen on that.

I have looked at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-replacement-Battery-MR-14EX-MT-24EX/dp/B002DNAWKU/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

which seems like a cheap alternative and is probably the same unit without the Canon sticker on it.
If anyone has any experience or advice with these it would be helpful

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tandberg 16 1.2k 2 England
4 Mar 2011 9:59AM
i had doubts about the b1+ and the 580, but i got anyway and have had it for over 4 years and its been fine being open, nothing broke or snapped and i do like the battery i also use it with my 550 and another lead of course
Dave
da_nige 15 1.2k United Kingdom
4 Mar 2011 10:00AM
I bought a 3rd party one from eBay which looks just like a CP-E4 and works perfectly.

Be careful which one you buy. The design for the 3rd party ones for Canon flashguns are either based on the Nikon or the Canon OEM ones. The ones based on Nikon have 6 batteries and the Canon 8 batteries.

Neil
irweazel 13 167 England
4 Mar 2011 2:04PM
thanks for the advice. I think i might go for the Cable from the QB 1+ shame its soo expensive.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.