Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Pre-wedding postprocessing

User_Removed 10 4.6k 1 Scotland
10 Apr 2012 9:00PM

Quote:I'm just waiting for my OM-D to arrive so I can set up as a post-divorce professional photographer! Smile

..or why not pre-divorce, shooting the evidence. The possibilities are endless.
janeez 12 1.8k 8 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2012 9:18PM
Why not give them both images to choose from? They may love it or they may not, either way you've got it covered.

We are always asked for black and white images but when it comes to the wedding album only 1 or 2 are ever chosen so we do make sure they can have the image either way. Smile
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
10 Apr 2012 9:24PM
That's most probably what I will do.
Still going through the shots, no time to do any processing yet... Sad
janeez 12 1.8k 8 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2012 9:26PM

Quote:I just love this weird idea of "pre-wedding" photographs.

It's a great way to connect with the B&G before the big day. I like to think that when I knock on the brides door the day of the wedding then I am greeted as a friend as well as the photographer. So much easier to have built a good rapport beforehand than try on the day. It won't work for everyone but it does for us. Smile
peterjones 18 5.1k 1 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2012 8:46AM
Some wedding photographers include a pre wedding or engagement shoot prior to the wedding day; it costs little except in terms of time; it gets the clients used to the photographer; a bit more business may come from print orders and indeed helps to build a rapport; not all clients want a pre wedding shoot but those who do consider it a great ice breaker.

Peter.
ade_mcfade 16 15.2k 216 England
11 Apr 2012 10:02AM
I've "won" weddings purely on the pre-wedding shoot....

Though I usually do them at the initial meeting - at the venue itself - killing many birds with one stone Smile Meet the couple, check the venue out for locations, meet the staff, build rapport with the couple, have a laugh, get some images with your watermark on put on facebook so all their mates can see them.... etc.
User_Removed 10 4.6k 1 Scotland
11 Apr 2012 10:12AM

Quote:I've "won" weddings purely on the pre-wedding shoot....

Though I usually do them at the initial meeting - at the venue itself - killing many birds with one stone Smile Meet the couple, check the venue out for locations, meet the staff, build rapport with the couple, have a laugh, get some images with your watermark on put on facebook so all their mates can see them.... etc.

Oooooh Ade!!

How can you prostitute your art so??

Wink
11 Apr 2012 10:40AM
Too right.... I'm crap at sales, but when they see me in action, they're powerless to resist Wink
11 Apr 2012 11:03AM
Ade, you mentioned you have the umbrella softbox.
Do you have any issue tilting it downwards?
13 Apr 2012 9:01AM
My my my, I thought shooting was tiring, but post-processing is just something else!!!!
Gosh.......LOL
13 Apr 2012 10:22AM
ah - you're coming around to my way of thinking Wink

processing 2-3 shots a week to get EC's on here is one thing, but several hundred a week..... right ball ache Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.