Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Printer trouble

MikeRC 16 3.6k United Kingdom
4 May 2011 8:44AM
Hi...my printer..an Epson PHOTO R200 which has given me years of perfect trouble free printing has started going crazy.
....2 red lights flashing continuously.

Anyone any opinions on this ? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-Stylus-Photo-R200-R210-R220-R230-Repair-reset-CD-/160569156310?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printers_Printers_JN&hash=item2562aae2d6

I am away now 'till Saturday, so I'll say thanks now......Mike
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
4 May 2011 8:52AM
I think the lights refer to the printer needing a service - most likely is that that waste tank/sponge is full. Its generated by the amount of prints you have made and there may be a bit of re-set software out there on the web.
4 May 2011 8:53AM
4 May 2011 11:29PM
Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago. I had just previously taken an Epson scanner to the local service shop after dropping it on a tiled floor, and I paid 20 to hear that it was unfixable. Tried haggling, to no avail! When I got the "service needed" message popping up from my R200 printer, I picked it up and threw it in the dustbin. Bought a Photo R340 which is first class. Found out later that the service message probably meant it was time to change the sponges! As I was busy with printing photos for my HND Photography course I wasn't going to be printerless for any length of time!
8 May 2011 12:41PM
Cheers people....what and where are the "sponges"
....Mike
8 May 2011 10:40PM
Sponge wastes are usually in the base of the printer while waste tanks can be situated anywhere. In consumer printers they are very often very difficult, if not impossible, to self service.

Time to google.
8 May 2011 10:54PM
Thanks Keith...time to buy another printer, I think Smile
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
9 May 2011 8:23AM
There's an R800 in the classifieds Wink

Ian
Debbiee 14 136 6 United Kingdom
9 May 2011 9:48AM
I paid for one of these a few years back and its some software that resets the data on the printer telling it that its empty again you have to take the sponges out and wash them make sure all the ink has gone out of them and replace them in the printer then use the software to reset the printer, it was very messy as the sponges get soaked in ink so make sure you wear gloves if you plan to do it. the software I found out afterwards was freeware and they shouldn't really be selling it anyway, just done a quick google search and found it with instructions here http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
Debbiee 14 136 6 United Kingdom
9 May 2011 10:06AM
sorry I think I just posted the wrong link, that is to reset ink cartridges or something, but if you do a goole search for waste ink counter reset you may be able to find it not sure now as it was a few years back when I did it and the second time my printer went i just bought a new one cause it really is messy
9 May 2011 1:14PM
Thanks sophis but 'gonna stick with my last thought and buy a new printer.
cheers....Mike
neleson 10 10
26 May 2011 5:49AM
Hi,
I think if they flashing together the problem is a "General Error" and not related to the waste ink counter or pads.
If the red lights alternate their flashing then it may be a waste ink counter issue.

Printing London

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.