Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

Printers and there colour printing arghhhhhhh

Lucinda 18 17
6 Oct 2001 3:05PM
Hello, wasnt sure whether this is the place to ask but worth a shot anyway. I brought a new Epsom 890 photo printer last week. The quality is great and the speed is fantastic the only thing wrong is it prints quite a bit darker than whats on screen or what was scanned in initially. How do I change this so it prints what I see. Please pretend your talking to a 5 year old as all the computer jargon is wasted on me. thanks xxx

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Will 18 1.8k United Kingdom
9 Oct 2001 1:07PM
Hiya, there are several solutions available for your problem.

Firstly, if you are opening the photos in an image editing program before printing them, you could go into editing options, and adjust the brightness of the image. This should prevent the darkness issue you are having.

If you don't use an image-editing program, or if you are uncomfortable fiddling with the settings, you might try changing the options in the print setup program that controls your Epson Printer. There will be settings in there that allow you to tweak the brightness of the picture, and hopefully create the image you are after.

Lastly, you should consider calibrating your monitor correctly. If it is not calibrated properly images will not be print as they appear on the monitor. Also when you scan the images, they will appear brighter on the monitor than how they are printed.

Hope this makes sense, if you have anymore questions, please ask away and one of us will do our best to help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.