Try Kindle Unlimited For 3-Months For Just 99p!

Printers for A4 prints

Ian Pratt 19 79 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2004 7:03PM
Can anyone recommend from personal experience over a reasonable time a good quality computer printer for printing scanned or digital images?

Ian Pratt LRPS
17 1
4 Oct 2004 7:17PM
Ian, I would recommend a Epson Stylus Photo R300 you get excellent results from this printer .
barry
UserDeleted 18 3.6k
4 Oct 2004 9:04PM
If you want archival prints then you should look at the R800. It uses pigment ink and has an additional gloss optimiser cartridge. Another 150 but worth it IMHO.

Mike.
vickyh 19 706 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2004 7:39AM
If you want A3, then I'd recommend the Epson 2100. Like the R800, it uses pigment inks for long-lasting prints.
raziel_uk 17 4.9k
5 Oct 2004 11:30AM
My personal favourite - and I've been using it since Christmas - is the Canon i865 for anything up to A4.

I have been extremely happy with the print quality and the length of time the ink cartridges last (I'm only on my 2nd set since buying the machine). If you do decide to buy this printer don't be fooled if the sale staff try to sell you extra cartridges telling you that the printer only has "tester" cartridges included - they are the normal cartridges with a full capacity of ink.

I also like the fact that the printer takes five cartridges - yellow, cyan, magenta, black and large black (for black only documents, e.g. text). Many others are "all in one" cartridges meaning that once one colour is empty you have to replace the whole cartridge.

During general operation the i865 prints at 22ppm (mono) and around 14-16ppm (colour) and is surprisingly quiet.

ashley
Ian Pratt 19 79 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2004 5:54PM
Thanks. This is really helpful. Ian Pratt
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2004 6:04PM
I have an Epson R800 and have just had a colour profile done for it by Fotospeed. Using the profile the results are superb, the printer is fast and with the gloss optimiser you don't get those flat spots in the white areas.

Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.