Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

Printing Digital Files

spiller 19 2
18 Sep 2001 1:31PM
What is the best way to print digital files that I have created in photoshop,and what mode,dpi and paper will give me the best results.Many thanks if you can help.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snoop 18 11
23 Sep 2001 11:16PM
I start off by resizing the print size that I want to output... at the same time click auto resolution and then choose high. Not sure if it's the best way but it makes things easy!
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
28 Sep 2001 12:06AM
The resolution can be set to 240dpi in Photoshop which is fine for all inkjet printers, including the ones that state that they are 2800dpi. Then you can see how big the image actually is and resize as necessary in Photoshop. Try to avoid increasing the size as the quality may suffer. I've just tested ICI's 280gsm paper which is stunning and well worth trying. A review is coming on the site soon. This should be set to Photo Glossy Film on an Epson printer and gives realistic colours with the handling of a traditional paper.
Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
2 Oct 2001 11:11PM
If you want true photo-quality you could also look in the small ads of photo mags for labs offering digital files printed on photo printers.
An A4 print will probably set you back 5-6, but you can get 6x4 prints for around 50p.
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
4 Oct 2001 8:50AM
I've just had some of these done, direct from scanned photos using a Nikon Coolscan, and they were too contrasty and unsharp, yet the same images printed using an Epson inkjet looked perfect. I'm currently looking in to why this happened. The online processing labs are geared up to taking digital files from digital camera users and not from traditional photos that have been digitised.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.