Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The Photography Show, a destination for all photographers

Printing panoramas

rossd 13 1.1k England
9 Jan 2010 1:19PM
Anyone know where I can get full size( approx 23" x 7" I think) panorama paper ?

Tried Canon, Epson (I'm using an Epson printer), Papermill Direct etc.etc but nobody seems to stock the panorama format paper. The only other solution I can think of is to use A2 (23 x 16 aprox) but this reduces the choice of surfaces available.

Any suggestions or other ideas?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SPEAK TO JKEN HES THE MAN
MikeH Plus
12 217 4 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2010 1:46PM
I've had stuff from here Ross www.ink2paper.com,

Mike
mattw Plus
13 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2010 1:58PM
Which printer do you have?

I have an Epson R1900, and use 13 inch roll paper to print my panoramas. I currently use Permajet Oyster 271 from online paper
9 Jan 2010 2:15PM
If your printer just handles sheets, you can still cut your chosen size from a roll.
rossd 13 1.1k England
9 Jan 2010 3:01PM

Quote:I've had stuff from here Ross www.ink2paper.com,

Thanks Mike; must have missed them when I did a previous web search. I'll give them a try.

Quote:Which printer do you have?

An Epson R2400.

Must admit I hadn't thought of cutting a sheet from a roll. I assume (without measuring it because it's upstairs and I'm lazy !!) the R2400 will accept a paper width of 13".
Of course the only problem with a roll is the fact that I would have to print quite a few panoramas!

Thanks Matt and thewilliam.
User_Removed 13 17.9k 8 Norway
9 Jan 2010 4:23PM

Quote:(I'm using an Epson printer)

Order it direct from Epson. Their pricing is very competitive.
stuwhitt Plus
12 1.4k United Kingdom
9 Jan 2010 7:29PM
The R2400 IIRC has a roll holder which takes 13" rolls, print your pano and trim to size.
Another vote for Permajet Oyster it is an excellent paper.
Epson discontinued their 24"x8" panorama paper a few years ago. I think a sheet of A2 cut lengthways is your answer. I've done a couple on A3 cut like this also. There's someone doing pano paper 16" long in a 2.5:1 ratio as far as I can remember, but the makers name escapes me at the moment. I didn't consider buying any as I prefer 3:1, which is the A2/A3 sheet ratio when cut lengthwise.
Alex.
rossd 13 1.1k England
10 Jan 2010 10:55AM

Quote:Order it direct from Epson. Their pricing is very competitive.

As stated in my original post and confirmed by Alex, Epson don't do pano format anymore.

As suggested I may get some 16" stuff (from ink2Paper as suggested by MikeH) as a trial and then lash out on some Permajet Oyster as it seems to be highly recommended.

Thanks once again to all for info/suggestions.
mattw Plus
13 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2010 7:02AM

Quote:Of course the only problem with a roll is the fact that I would have to print quite a few panoramas!

The advantage of a Roll is that you can use it for any size print up to the maximum width of the roll.
OK, maybe a singe A4 print would waste a fair amount of paper, but no reason why you cannot use it for A3 prints.

I have a 13x37 print hanging over my desk at the moment, and it does look suitably impressive.
Metalhead Plus
9 1.9k 2 England
11 Jan 2010 9:44AM
This is an interesting read about Olmec rolls with an Epson printer. I think this chap might be a member of EPZ too...?

Olmec rolls are available from Paterson Photographic
Metalhead Plus
9 1.9k 2 England
11 Jan 2010 10:32AM
They seem to have a stock number for Olmec 260gsm Satin on a roll measuring 329mm wide, but whether it's still available, I'm afraid I can't answer that.

I'm a bit of a "printer virgin" and only just received the free sample of A4 Olmec sheets, which I still haven't tried out yet!

It could be worth giving Paterson's a call to see if the rolls are still available.

Edit: Where's your question about Satin rolls gone..? Smile
kaybee Plus
12 5.0k 25 Scotland
21 Jan 2010 6:39PM
Papermill Direct have a sale on rolls of paper just now

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.